eight; detective smith

"Are there any sharks in La Push?"

"What kind of sharks?"

"Great whites."

"No."

Charlotte scribbled something off of the piece of paper in front of her.

"Any mountains?"

"No."

Charlotte scribbled something else off of the paper in front of her. April looking at her daughter curiously. The girl had been sat at the island for ten minutes, writing and then scribbling. April had to admit, the constant scratching of the pencil was starting to annoy her.

"Any-"

"-What are you doing?"

"Making a list for everything me and my new best friend can do together."

"New best friend? What happened to Angela?"

"She's still my bestie but she's in L-O-V-E now."  It was true, Angela had been spending a lot of time with Eric. And while at first Charlotte was upset Angela couldn't hang out with her much anymore, she no longer minded. If Angela was happy, then Charlotte was happy.

"So who is it? Jess, because you know I always liked that girl, I know that you haven't always got along but-"

"-No not Jess, she is close to becoming one of my best friends though.  And it's not Bella, her and Jacob are doing some gross couple shit."

"It's not gross its cute." April argued.

"Yeah, okay" She couldn't help but snort "Anyway back to me and my life. It's Embry Call."

"Never heard of him."

"How many teenagers have you actually heard of?"

April paused her cooking, taking a moment to think before pointing the knife at her daughter, "I'd heard of the Cullens."

"Can you not point that knife at me, you psychopath?" Charlotte wasn't bothered that April had mentioned their name, since she'd started to hang out with Embry it had stopped hurting as much. There was no longer a sting when someone had the same name of them, no longer a headache when someone drove the same car. "Not sure if they're actually teenagers though." They were just people Charlotte used to be friends with now.