twenty one; surprise

"Hello Charlotte?"

"Hello Charlotte?"

Charlotte was stood leaning against a closed bathroom door, music and voices could faintly be heard in the rooms below her. A half empty bottle stood on the sink.

"Charlotte, is everything okay?" Rose's voice came through the phone that she held up to her ear, "You're scaring me."

"Hi Rose." Her voice was hoarse, a clear indication that she'd been crying.

"Charlotte, what's wrong? Tell me where you are and I'll come get you." Panic was clear in Rose's voice, she understood why
there was panic there, here Charlotte was, drunk and ringing up a girl who she had said she wanted nothing to do with .

"Are you by yourself?" Charlotte's voice cracked, causing worry to fill Rosalie's body.

"No, but I can be, okay? Just give me a few seconds."

Charlotte heard shuffling on the other side of the phone, she could also hear Rosalie telling people where she was going, but she wasn't sure who.

"I'm by myself now, do you want me to come and get you? Edward's not here, he's gone hunting for the night. You can stay over here, Esme would love to see you."

Charlotte burst out crying at Rosalie's words, "I-I... I don't know."

"Please just tell me where you are, you're scaring me."

"I don't know the address, it's some party-"

"I'll find it. Don't do anything stupid, okay? I'll be there soon."

"Come by yourself, please."

"I will."

Then Charlotte hung up, sliding her phone into her jeans pocket. She then looked at herself in the bathroom mirror.

"God Charlotte, you're such a mess." She whipped away at her tears, trying to make herself look a bit more acceptable.

"Hey, can you hurry up in there?" A mans voice shouted, his hand hammering on the door.

"Er, sorry! I'll just be one minute." She fluffed her hair up, giving herself a once over, before walking over and opening the door. "Sorry I was-"

"Hey you're Charlotte Smith." The drunk boy pointed at her, a smile on his face. "You're just as pretty as they say."

Charlotte laughed, a smile easily appearing on her face, "Do people say that?" She was so easy to charm.