twenty; its called karma

Two girls walked into the lunch hall together, their arms linked and laughs falling from their lips

Two girls walked into the lunch hall together, their arms linked and laughs falling from their lips. It was strange how they'd become such good friends when they hated each other at first.

The Cullens who sat at their regular table found it very strange. Charlotte always made her dislike for Jess very clear to them, but now she looked like her best friend. She really had changed since they'd been gone.

Suddenly Jess stopped laughing, her eyes zeroing in on a certain group of people. This caused Charlotte to follow her eyesight, her laughs also stopping and the smile slowly dropping from her face.

"Did you know they were back?"

Charlotte shook her head no, she'd only told Bella that they'd come back. Jess would have asked too many questions and Angela would have forced her to pour out all of her emotions. It just wasn't worth it.

"Why do you think they're back?"

Charlotte shrugged her shoulders, pulling Jess to the table all their friends sat at, "Don't know, don't care."

"Fair enough."

"Hey Charl, look who's back." Mike pointed behind where she had sat.

So Charlotte turned her full body around, just so she could glare at each Cullen individually. She hadn't seen them all since they got back, which meant she needed to make her dislike for them very clear now.

After glaring at them all for a solid few seconds, she turned back around, "I don't know about you guys but I feel so honoured to have them back! So nice of them to bless us with their presence."

All of the Cullens held sad expressions at Charlottes words, it didn't seem like she would ever give them the chance to gain her forgiveness.

"Guess you won't be getting back with Edward then?"

"Ha!" Charlotte threw her head back at Mikes question, smacking the table as she did so, "I'd rather swallow a razor."

"Charlotte! Don't say that." Angela smacked her friends arm, very aware that all of the Cullens had their eyes on them.

Really Charlotte was only saying the things she was so they could hear her, she wanted them to know how much she hated them. How much their presence made her sick.

"Okay, guess I'll just never tell the truth again then." Of course it wasn't actually the truth, she wanted to get back with Edward so bad, but she just couldn't do that to herself.