four; slip and slide

Edward and Charlotte had been talking for all of the lesson, neither had made any notes

Edward and Charlotte had been talking for all of the lesson, neither had made any notes. Notes that Charlotte needed, but Edward didn't. So it didn't matter to him that he'd made none, he just hoped that she wouldn't regret chatting with him instead of working.

Unfortunately the bell had gone far too fast for Charlottes liking, she wanted to stay at the back of the english classroom and talk to Edward all day. But Forks high school had other plans. Charlotte half excepted Edward to run out of the doors like he had last time, however, much to her surprise he was stood behind his chair, leaning on the desk waiting for her to pack up.

"You don't have to wait for me."

"I know, but I want to." This caused a blush to form on Charlottes face, it was the cutest thing that Edward had ever seen, and he'd been alive long enough to see a lot of cute things.

Charlotte didn't want to ruin the moment but a question had been burning on her lips for the past two weeks, "You left." It was meant to sound like a question but came out as more of a statement.

Charlotte noticed that he turned away from her when she had said that. "Yeah I know, I wasn't feeling too great."

At this Charlotte pulled a face from her seat, "You must have been very ill, you were gone for two weeks?"

Edward only nodded in response. If he wasn't going to respond, Charlotte wasn't going to speak. Two could play at that game.

He soon realised that Charlotte wasn't going to speak and didn't want the awkwardness that was surrounding the two to continue, he liked it when she spoke to him. Her voice was soothing. "Do you mind if I walk you to class?" he asked this gently, it sounded different to the way he was speaking before.

Charlotte was embarrassed by the way her cheeks started going so red, when had she ever acted like this in front of a boy before? She was the one than made them blush, not the other way around. "Um, of course you can?" Charlottes voice didn't sound as confident as she had hoped it would. God, she was so embarrassed.

The two started walking through the hallways together, they were walking so close that their arms kept brushing, leaving tingles on Charlottes skin. Every time they lost contact, the hairs on her arms would stand up, anticipating the next brush. They could hear the whispers while they were walking, but they were so used to it by now that they could easily ignore it.

It felt good to have someone to ignore it with. It wasn't so lonely now.

"You, aren't from around here?" It was Edward questioning Charlotte this time. He knew where she was from. Alice had heard a girl telling her friend in class, which meant Alice had to let her whole family know that the new girl was from far, far away.