eighteen; what goes around comes around

Something was different about her

Something was different about her. She was wearing ten times more perfume than before he left, but even still he could tell her natural smell was different.

He wanted to ask her, a thousand thoughts were running through his head. However he couldn't, now wasn't the time, he'd have to do it later.

The human girl stood awkward in the elevator, how was she supposed to stand around five vampires. Three of them could drink her dry and the other two she hardly trusted anymore. It wasn't exactly an enjoyable ride.

Even worse was the music, opera had never been her cup of tea unless it was her trying it. However Edward used to complain because she would just make up the words and her voice hurt his ears.

The second the elevator doors opened and everyone walked out a woman stood up from a desk, speaking some italian greeting that Charlotte wasn't familiar with, she only knew a few limited phrases.

Charlotte stared at the receptionist, she didn't have the pale skin or red eyes, which meant she was human. Why would she-?

"-She knows" Edward cut her thought process off, answering before she could even think the question out.

"So she wants to be." Charlotte filled in the gaps, that was the only way a human would willingly work for vampires.

"And so she will be." The shorter of the male vampires cut in, he seemed friendlier than the taller one. Charlotte actually quite liked him, she decided that if she was going to die at the hands of vampires wherever they were going, then she wanted him to be the one to drink her dry.

Edward cringed at Charlotte's thoughts, she always had a way to turn everything morbid.

"Or dessert." A laugh caught in the humans throat at Jane's words, although she held it in. Maybe the young vampire would take offence to her laughing at her.

Jane pulled open two large doors, opening them up into a beautiful room with an amazing high ceiling. Charlotte felt as though she was in a church, but that couldn't be the case- God would surely push the red eyed vampires out.

"Sister, send you out to get one and you bring back two... and a half." Charlotte hated when people would greet their family like that, they did it all the time in some Tudor she watched once. It got on her last nerve. "Such a clever girl."

"What a happy surprise," Charlotte watched a long haired man walk down the steps towards them, causing her to grab onto Edward's arm for comfort, "Charlotte is alive after all, isn't that wonderful."