twenty six; love fool

The smell alone told Charlotte she was in a hospital before she even opened her eyes

The smell alone told Charlotte she was in a hospital before she even opened her eyes. It was that typical sick mixed with bleach smell, she actually found it quite comforting, only because it reminded her of her mother. Surprisingly she didn't feel much pain when she woke up, which was rather strange given the amount of pain she could remember from the last time she was awake.

Once she finally opened her eyes she searched the room she was in for a moment, taking in her surroundings. Until her eyes landed on two people: one of them was Edward who looked to be asleep and the other was April, who shot right out of her chair once she saw her daughter was awake.

"Charlotte," She smiled, waking over to stroke her daughters head "You're awake."

Charlotte nodded her head, a small smile of her lips. "What happened?" Her voice was scratchy due to the fact that she hadn't used it in a while, however her mouth wasn't dry. Obviously she knew what happened, but she also knew that everyone couldn't know the truth.

"Dr Cullen explained everything, he said that Edward followed you to Pheonix to try and sort things out with you. You were both walking up the stairs of your hotel when the back of your heel slipped off a stair. You ended up falling down quite a few stairs. And then into the window." Charlotte didn't think her mother would believe a story like that, she'd been wearing heels since she was twelve and she hardly ever fell in them. She'd tripped before, but never actually hit the floor.

"Ouch," I muttered "How did I get back here?" Now this was something Charlotte really didn't know.

"Edward didn't want to let just any doctor look at you, he said he'd feel better if his dad treated you. Apparently he sped here as fast as he could. But don't worry I managed to convince Charlie to make sure he doesn't get a speeding ticket." April then smiled down at Edward who was still pretending to be asleep, lowering her voice to a whisper "I think that boy is in love with you."

At this Charlotte also smiled, looking at the boy who'd managed to turn her world upside down, "Really?" She whispered back, "Because I think I'm in love with him too." She pried her eyes away from the boy who now had a faint smile on his face, looking back at her mother, sorrow written on her face, "Mummy? I'm sorry, I really didn't mean the things I said."

April smiled a sad smile at her daughter, leaning down to kiss her forehead, "I know you didn't, baby." After a few seconds April pulled away, "Charlie's waiting for me in the food court, I'm just gonna go tell him that you're awake." 

Charlotte nodded her head at her mother, happy she had Charlie there for her. She thought they'd make a great couple. Once April had left Edward decided to 'wake up'.