fifteen; smith residence

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

Charlotte moved away from Alice, not wanting to be so close to her right now.

"Would you like to explain to me how you're alive?" Alice looked at the girl like she was crazy.

"You can't answer a question with a question. That's not how it works.... Besides I'm alive for now. Don't wish it on me quicker."

Alice didn't question what Charlotte meant, just presuming that it was because she was human and all humans were dying.

"I saw a vision of you, you purposely crashed your car, why in the hell would you do that? What about April?"

"I didn't purposely crash my car, I loved that car! It was- It was.... a dog in the road." It wasn't exactly a lie, there was a dog in the road. Her name was Victoria and she was a ginger bitch.

"I've never met someone so prone to life threatening-"

Charlotte laughed at what Alice was going to say, "And why am I always in those life threatening situations, Alice? Because of you and your fucked up family."

It was rather cruel of Charlotte to say, it wasn't exactly Alice's fault. But right now she was guilty by association.

"Charl-"

"-Don't.... Don't call me that." Nicknames were exclusively for her friends, and Alice wasn't one of them.

"Charlotte, we didn't want to leave you. I promise, but we had no choice. Edward-"

"No, you did have a choice. You all always had a choice. You just liked the other one better."

Hurt flashed across Alice's face, it made Charlotte feel bad for a second. A very brief second.

"I'm sorry Charlotte, I wish we could of all said goodbye."

"No Alice, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I'm never going to feel sorry for you, that I don't feel bad for you- for any of you. And I never will."

"Can you just-"

"-No actually I can't just anything. You can just listen to me though." Maybe Charlotte was taking it too far, but she'd been waiting for so long to let them know how she feels.

"Do you know how shit it was? How much it hurt to know the people you loved the most in the world just up and left without even a note? No, you don't know. But I do. It feels like your worthless, like you were nothing to those people. That's how you made me feel."