two; flowers

Charlotte took the last roller out of her auburn hair, letting the waves fall down her back

Charlotte took the last roller out of her auburn hair, letting the waves fall down her back. She could feel cold fingers move her hair onto her shoulder, and then trail down her back. She moved her eyes in the mirror to join the golden ones, golden eyes that she loved.

It was almost time to go to the party Alice was throwing. The air around them should have been happy, but it wasn't. Charlotte had figured out a way to block certain thoughts off from Edward, it wasn't that she wanted to hide things from him, she just didn't want to hurt him. He had somehow figured out what she had been doing, although neither of them had mentioned anything to each other.

It made the air between them rather awkward.

Edward smiled at their reflection, pressing a kiss to his lovers cheek, his eyes fluttering to the silver chain around her neck a tiny sized pendent rested on the end of it. The Cullen crest.

A gasp was heard, the girl only now noticing the necklace "Edward.... it's beautiful."

He lifted his eyes back up to hers "Not as beautiful as you."

She couldn't help the emotions that came over her, it was like a switch had flicked inside her. She turned around and pressed her lips to his, pushing him towards her bed. The kiss was desperate, it was like she wouldn't be able to live if she didn't put her all into it.

It was like their last first kiss.

Edward pulled away before they could hit the bed, not trusting himself to go any further. He was already too tempted around her, he couldn't put her in a position where he couldn't even trust himself. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if he hurt her.

"Are you ready to go?" Edward received a nod in reply, Charlotte not wanting to speak right now.

There had been no arguments. No disagreements. Charlotte just could not forget about the dream she had that night. She didn't want to grow old with Edward, she didn't want him to watch her wither away until she was no more. But she didn't want to give up everything she had dreamed of, she already craved those things, would her life really be worth living without them?

But on the other hand she wasn't sure on a lot of things. But one thing she was sure of though, was that she couldn't live without him.

The ride to the Cullen house was made as normal as possible, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera were the only artists to be played in the car. Edward would laugh at Charlotte's singing and question her dance moves.