nine; once a cheat

Charlotte didn't have to be told to dress nice, she always did

Charlotte didn't have to be told to dress nice, she always did. But she was dressed extra nice right now, why wouldn't she? She'd wore a short red dress that was tight at the top but loose at the bottom. She hoped where ever her and Edward were going it was dress appropriate. If not it would be rather awkward.

Charlotte had paired the dress with nude heels and a nude clutch, leaving her hair in the same curls she had earlier, just slightly touched up.

"Oh Charl, you look beautiful." Her mother gushed once she had elegantly walked down the stairs, managing not to struggle even though she was wearing heels. "Are they my shoes?"

Charlotte looked at her mother sheepishly, "....yes?"

April let out a little but loud laugh. "Sweets you have so many pairs of shoes!"

"I know! But these went with the outfit the best... and they match the shade of my bag perfectly!"

"I'll let you off then. Oh! Remember when you get back I won't be in." This caused Charlotte to pull a sad face, she hated spending nights in by herself, she wouldn't admit it to anyone but Charlotte was fairly scared of the dark. "I know, I'm sorry, but theres nothing I can do about the night shift."

Just as Charlotte went to reply there was a light knock on the door. The two girls looked at each other with blank faces, then two seconds later started racing to the door. Charlotte couldn't let her mother beat her, April Olivia Smith could be quite the embarrassing mum when she wanted to be. 

Unfortunately Charlotte wasn't so lucky, maybe she'll have to start trying in P.E if her mother could beat her.

April flung open the door, quickly leaned against it and pulled a smile at the teenage boy stood at the other side, was she trying to seduce him?  "Edward hi!"April stuck a hand out for him to shake while he nodded his head. "So nice to see you again, I just have to ask-"

"-Mum, stop it." Charlotte knew her mother was trying to embarrass her, and it was very quickly working.

"What are you're intentions with my daughter? Because my little cherub here isn't going to be messed around by any boy- not even one who's father is a doctor!" April really didn't have to try that hard to embarrass Charlotte.

"Okay mum, we're gonna go now, be safe and love you!" Charlotte managed to push past her mother who had attempted to block her from getting out of the door. The red head grabbed Edwards arm and pulled him down the long pathway while her mother shouted bye to her 'little cherub'.