seven; the fear

"You know he'll never like you, right?" 

That was the first thing Charlotte heard once she'd sat down at the regular table where her group of friends always sat. The voice was unmistakably Jessica's, it had that annoying ring to it. One that Charlotte really didn't want to hear.

"Sorry but, excuse me?" Charlotte
didn't want to argue with Jessica today, she didn't need to argue with her.

"I mean, yeah he might like you now. But for how long? It's only because you're this new girl that everyones got an obsession with. He just wants to be able to show the other boys here that he can get the girl- not the jocks, the populars or even the nerds. Him."

Charlotte wasn't sure how to respond to Jessica's little speech. She wasn't prepared for what she was going to hear, it had already had quite a negative effect on her previously very happy mood.

"Sorry, was that rude?" Very rude Charlotte thought. "It's just when Bella first started he liked her too. Like, like liked. He used to sit with her in classes and everything, even kissed you once didn't he Bells?" At this Isabella nodded. "I'm just looking out for you Char, you're my friend. I don't want you to get hurt."

They weren't friends. Jessica had made it very clear they weren't friends every other school day. It was just Jessica trying to get to Charlotte in the only way she could think of doing- she could never attack her clothes or looks, or even her personality, she knew that wouldn't bother Charlotte. So hopefully this would. And obviously did it.

After Jessica had finished speaking Charlotte pulled a fake smile onto her face. "Of course, Jessica, I know you're looking out for me. And I appreciate it, I really do."  Instead of waiting for a reply she turned her head to the side, avoiding looking at anyone on the table, hoping they wouldn't see her smile drop. She looked around the food court for one teenager. But he wasn't there. Why wasn't he there?

There were 10 more minutes until the bell would ring signalling the start of class. But Charlotte was no longer in a mood to attend her lesson. In fact she was in the mood to go home and watch one of her comfort films: maybe My best friends wedding, maybe 10 things I hate about you, or maybe How to lose a guy in ten days. Every single one of them would make her cry.

She couldn't exactly drive home as her car wasn't here.

Her mum was at work so couldn't pick her up.

And then she didn't want to explain to her friends why she was leaving. And she sure as hell wasn't going to ask Edward. So it left only one solution: walking.

The teenager stood up from the lunch table, whispering to Angela that she wanted to get to class extra early to speak to the teacher about the homework.

Angela seemed to know something was wrong, of course she did, it was her best friend after all. But she let Charlotte leave, knowing she couldn't force her to stay and that she'd talk to her about it when she was ready.

However upon more thought Angela couldn't just let her leave without saying anything to her. So she followed Charlotte into the hallway. "Hey... I know you probably don't want to talk about it." At this Charlotte gave a sad smile, one which Angela returned. "But I just want you to know that when you're ready I'm here to talk about it with you. I don't want you to feel alone, okay? You're my best friend and I love you. Just please don't let silly Jessica bother you."

Charlotte had never had anyone be so nice to her, apart from April of course. It made Charlottes heart swell with so much love for the sweetest person she had ever met. Angela Weber deserved all the best things in the world and Charlotte wished more than anything that she could give them to her.

As a tear slipped from Charlottes eye, she threw her pale arms around the slightly smaller dorky girl, squeezing her tighter than ever. "I love you too, and I promise I'll talk to you about it soon, okay? But right now I just want to go home and eat as much food as I can." Charlottes voice was a quiet whisper in Angela's ear, at first not trusting her voice not to crack. "I'm sorry Ms Weber, but will you please excuse you're one and only best friend to go home and eat ones self into oblivion?" At the end Charlottes voice had returned to normal, only with the Queen's accent.

This caused Angela to let go of her, to stand formally and bow before saying. "I grant you Madam Smith, permission to leave ones establishment."

The two girls couldn't help the giggles that left them both. No matter how sad one of them was the other would always be able to cheer them up.

Was there such thing as soul mate best friends?

"I'll ring you."

"Yes, please do." Angela turned around and walked back into the food court after Charlotte had said she'd ring her.

Around five minutes into Charlottes walk home she realised it wasn't her smartest idea. There was no sun shining, meaning no warmth, and it looked like the heavens could open any minute. Not to mention that heels weren't ideal for the long journey.

Her feet were killing.

Another fifteen minutes into the agonisingly long walk, and not many more meters had been gained, when a car pulled up beside Charlotte.

Now Charlotte had seen many true crime documentaries and there was no way she was planning on featuring on one of those today.

Causing her to walk as fast as she could in her heels, until she heard a window roll down and a voice speak from it.

"You look like you could use a ride ." The voice was vaguely familiar, sounding a lot like the girl version of her third favourite person, after her mother and Angela. This made Charlotte stop turn around, and awkwardly walk back to the car.

"Hi."

For some reason this caused the pixie looking girl in the expensive car to laugh. "Hi, I'm Edwards sister, Alice. And you're Charlotte, the girl Edwards obsessed with".

At this Charlotte smiled, until a thought started swimming through her mind, but he was probably obsessed with Isabella too. Before Charlotte could dwell on it Alice spoke again.

It looked like she knew something Charlotte didn't.

"I think you should get in."

i'm writing this a/n when i've already written into the third book but ugh i love charlotte and angela's friendship so much, but like the paragraphs in these chapters are so clunky i hate it