twelve; curse of the red heads

The girl stood unmoving at the top of the stairs

The girl stood unmoving at the top of the stairs. Her eyes fixed on a specific place of the carpet.

It wasn't there anymore. Her blood. There was nothing to show for what happened the last time she was here.

It hurt that they had time to scrub her blood off of the carpet but couldn't say goodbye. The carpet would still be here when they returned in 100 years, she wouldn't. Although she couldn't entirely blame them, she wouldn't want a massive blood stain on her carpet for 100 years either.

After a while Charlotte walked down the stairs, making her way towards the piano that had also been replaced. Why they had to leave the house fully furnished she didn't know. It wasn't like anyone was going to visit.

Apart from her.

She down sat at the piano, lifting the lid and running her fingers along it. A memory flashing through her mind,

'"Esme, you don't need to keep cooking all this food! There's enough to feed a village."

"But I know how much you like your food."

Emmett paused whatever game he was playing on the tv, "She's saying your fat Red."

"Emmett! I'm not saying that Charlotte, I promise." Esme handed the bowl of pasta over to Charlotte, moving her hands to swat at Emmett.

"It's okay, Esme. And thank you Emmett, it's a good job I'm very confident in my own body."

"I wouldn't be if I was you."

"Jealously is a disease Emme, I hope for your sake they find a cure." Charlotte dropped her fork into her bowl to stroke Emmetts arm.

"Rose, tell her!"

"No."

"Edward, tell her!"

"No."

"Aw Emmett, they clearly care about your feelings."  Charlotte chimed.

"They do!"

"Not as much as they care about mine though."

"We care about both of your feelings equally- and that's not at all."