six; the mistress

Scott Smith wasn't sure what to do

His first born had just surprised him on his front door, had a go at his wife, practically begged him to have a relationship with her, then had a go at him and then told him she was dying.

And that was all in the space of fifteen minutes.

He didn't know how she dared.

She'd been out of his life for years and then all of a sudden shows up on his doorstep without an ounce of respect for him or his family.

The last time he saw her she wasn't like this. He didn't raise her like this. So he concluded that April had corrupted her like she did with everyone else.

"You okay babe?"

Daniella had been listening to the conversation between the father and daughter. She felt a few different emotions while listening: anger, confusion, jealousy and sadness.

She didn't like Charlotte, she had been rude to her for no reason. She'd showed up on her doorstep and treated her like something she'd stepped in. But it didn't stop her from feeling sorry for her husbands daughter when she spoke of dying.

"I should be asking you that." Scott walked over to Daniella, pulling her into his arms and placing a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm fine. A childish girl doesn't bother me."

Daniella almost didn't want to be talking about Charlotte like that, she could tell that she was hurt and was just acting out. But she didn't want to argue with Scott, she just always wanted to agree with him.

It was easier that way.

"I don't know how she dare talk to either of us that way. It's like once I left all of her manners went out of the window."

Something that annoyed Daniella about Scott was his complex. He thought he could do no wrong, he would never accept his failures as his fault. He was vain, egotistical, arrogant, self-entitled.

However, all of that never stopped her from loving him.

"I bet they did. There's no way April would have been able to raise her properly." Scott scoffed, he loved how his wife always agreed with him.

"She needed me, didn't she?" Scott had an arrogant smile on his lips, it was very unsettling.

"Of course she did babe, everyone needs you." Daniella wasn't sure if he needed to hear that for comfort, or if he thought so highly of himself.