seven; clouds

"If you could be any animal what would it be?"

"I don't want to be an animal."

"But if you were."

"But I aren't."

"Hypothetically."

"I don't know, you go first."

"An elephant."

"Why?"

Charlotte shrugged her shoulders, her eyes following the clouds in the blue sky. "I like elephants."

"Well if you're an elephant, I'm an elephant." Edward followed the same cloud that Charlotte was focusing on.

"Have you been watching The Notebook without me?" He felt her hand hit his chest from where he was laid next to her.

"No, I just remember it from all the times you've made me watch it."

"I haven't made you watch it that many times."

"Enough times to know you're favourite part is when Noah and Ally kiss in the rain."

"Do you think we could recreate that one day?"

They both moved their eyes away from the clouds, turning to gaze at each other instead.

"We can recreate it everyday of your life if you want."

"I want nothing more than to do that with you."

Charlotte smiled at the boy in front of her, but moved her gaze away from him and back to the clouds above. "Doesn't that cloud look like a doughnut?"

"I think it looks like an engagement ring."

The girl bursted out laughing, her head rolling back at the words. "If that's your way of proposing then you'll have to try again."

"No I'd propose a lot better than that."

She pushed herself up from the floor, offering her hand out to Edward. Once he'd pulled himself up with it she started speaking.

"Show me how you'd propose then."

"I can't do that, it'd ruin it when I actually do it."

"No but if you were gonna do it right now how would you do it. Not if you do it in the future."

"When," He corrected her, "When I do it in the future."

"Yeah yeah, same difference."

Edward knew there was no point in not doing as she asked, she'd just pester him until he did. "Okay, first I would ask your mom-"

"-As you should." She couldn't help but interrupt him.

He smiled at her "Then I'd bring you to your favourite place-"

"-Anywheres my favourite place if you're with me."

"Will you stop interrupting me?... It would probably be here, but Alice would most likely have forced me to decorate it with fairy lights and set up a little picnic. I'd pretend it was just a normal date, I'd chase you around the field like I always do, sing whatever song you wanted me to sing."

"You'd sing for me?"

"If you wanted me to.... Then when you wasn't expecting I'd get down on one knee," He grabbed her other hand and looked into her eyes while he knelt down. "I'd tell you all the things I love about you, make you smile, laugh and maybe cry a little, then I would ask....And you'd say yes."

"What makes you think I'd say yes?" She whispered to him, squeezing his hands as she did so.

"Because you love me as much as I love you."

Edward could see the tears that had began to form in her eyes, he knew they weren't sad tears though.

"Dance with me?" She pulled on his hands again, showing she wanted him to stand up. So he did.

"But there's no music." He whispered to her, pulling her into his arms.

"I don't care." She whispered back.

And they did. They spent hours just swaying back and forth to non existent music in an empty field.

Just holding each other close. 

ok i really like writing these, i make them so cheesy but i love it. i quite like to think of these chapters being what charlotte dreams about. i want to write so many more but i don't want to load it full of them if that makes sense ??