four; the beauty of love

'He knew that when he kissed this girl, and forever wed his unutterable visions to her perishable breath, his mind would never romp again like the mind of God

'He knew that when he kissed this girl, and forever wed his unutterable visions to her perishable breath, his mind would never romp again like the mind of God. So he waited, listening for a moment longer to the tuning-fork that had been struck upon a star. Then he kissed her. At his lips' touch she blossomed for him like a flower and the incarnation was complete.'

"Is that how you felt? Did F. Scott Fitzgerald describe how you felt perfectly?"

The sun shone brightly down onto the field, that was occupied by two teens. Flowers bloomed around their bodies, the setting made for a perfect date.

One half of the couple only wished the other didn't sparkle in the warm light.

"No, I would have described it much better than that." The boy hadn't been paying much attention to the words the girl was reading. He was too focused on absorbing her every detail into his mind.

"Oh would you have?"  The girl put her book down on the grass, lifting her eyes to the boy next to her.

"I would have done."

"I don't think you would have."

" You don't?"

"Nope, not one bit."

"Take it back." The boy, Edward, moved in a flash to hover over the girl.

"Never." The girl, Charlotte, replied. A smile across her lips.

"Then you leave me no choice."

She knew exactly what he was going to do, and she wasn't going to go down without a fight.

Even though Edward was ridiculously strong compared to her, she still managed to push him away from her and set off running away. Or rather he let her escape him.

For now.

"I'll catch you." He called after her, watching her giggle as she ran.

"You won't!"

"Won't I?" He had appeared in front of her, causing the giggling girl to shriek in shock, but quickly bolt off in the other direction.

"You know I'll catch you wherever you go."

"Not if I run really fast!" She called back.

"No matter how fast you run from me I'd always get you."

"Well get me then!"

And so he did, he sped to her, catching her in his arms as she grabbed on to him, giggling against his chest.

"If I ran to Canada, would you still catch me then?"

"I don't know, do you think you can run to Canada?"

"Sure if I got a bit of practise in."

"Then yes, if you ran to Canada I would chase you."

"Aw that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me." 

Edward fell backwards with the girl still in his arms, knowing she found it funny when he did so. 

"Who taught you how to death drop?"  The pair laughed at Charlottes question. "Sing me a song?" Edward had a worse singing voice than she did, but for some reason she always requested him to sing for her.

"You sing for me."

"Any preferences?" Edward already knew that Charlotte had decided what song she was going to sing. It was the only song that she could sing well and the song that she claimed would be there wedding song.

"I'm fancying Alicia Keys."

"Great minds think alike" She whispered to him. Normally Charlotte would be too embarrassed to be singing in front of anyone, although she claimed that she was fine when she sang a solo in her school play when she was twelve. But even so, Edward was the only person she felt comfortable singing in front of. "Duet it with me?"

"I aren't duetting it with you."

"Why not? You can't say no when I ask you to at our wedding."

"Who says I want to marry you?"

Charlotte rolled out of his arms, a dramatic gasp coming from her. Followed by some awkward chocking noises.

Edward knew what she was doing, she did it every time he said something remotely sarcastic to her.

" You don't have to pretend you're dying every time."

"I can't hear you, I'm too busy dying."

"Will a kiss save you?"

"From you? Definitely not."

"Did you hear that? It was the sound of my heart breaking."

Charlotte rolled back on to Edwards chest, her hands grabbing his face "Oh, Edwin, I would never break your heart."

"And I never would yours, Carrot Top."

I know i say this literally every chapter but i honestly wasn't gonna post again today, but in my defence i wasn't intending to post this chapter today.

this is just a small filler i wrote now just because i felt like i never really showed any of the relationship between edward and charlotte, so this just felt kind of right