six; whatta man

The second Charlotte had woken up she was nervous

The second Charlotte had woken up she was nervous. She had to make sure she looked more perfect than usual. Her hair had to be immaculate, makeup flawless and her outfit to die for. Not only was she returning to school after the little accident, which would mean more of a buzz around her. But Edward had kindly offered to drive her to school today. Which would mean extra extra buzz.

And of course she had to look nice for Edward. Not that it mattered to him, he didn't care what she looked like as long as she was around him. All he wanted was to be in her presence, it made him feel some type of way.

In order to make sure that Charlotte would look super model-ish, instead of just model-ish, she woke up a full hour early. Which in hindsight was a bit extreme, but at least it gave her an extra twenty minutes to sit on the sofa and relax before Edward got here. That would have been nice if she didn't spend the time stressing instead.

What would people say at school? Yes she was used to the looks and the whispers, but sometimes it could get too much. Especially when she wasn't feeling too great and the only reason she was actually going in today was so Edward could drive her there. He might not ask her again so Charlotte couldn't risk saying no. On the positive side there was a good chance that Edward would walk with her into the school, meaning he'd share the glares and whispers with her.

Meanwhile the boy in question was with his family in the living room. It really was the last place he wanted to be. After his chat with Rosalie yesterday in the carpark of the hospital he really wasn't in the mood to go over the whole conversation again. Should he have ran across the parking lot in front of students, risking their cover? No. Did he regret it? No. Would he do it again? Yes. Was he sorry? No. That really was all there was to say. He didn't need a scolding off his family after having one yesterday. It was just a waste of time.

"Edward." It was Esme, he knew she wouldn't scold him, too kind of a woman to so. He knew Carlise wouldn't either, all the man would do was tell him not to do it again and then move on. Therefore reinforcing the point of
the conversation being a waste of time. "We just all wanted to-"

"-Esme I know, I'm sorry and I shouldn't have done it. But I did and I would do it again without a second thought if I had to. Yes it was wrong, but so far Charlotte doesn't suspect anything, she just-"

Esme wasn't the type to interrupt, however as Edward had interrupted her she decided to do the same. "-When can we meet her?"

"I- What?"

"When can we meet her?" Esmes face had a kind smile, the one any mother would give her children, she fit the role of his mother so perfectly.