three; dont watch me cry

There was no words that could be said

There was no words that could be said. Nothing in the dictionary could be used to describe how they both felt.

Charlotte had never loved anyone like she loved Edward, she felt like an addict, and Edward was the drug that kept her living.

She didn't need the ability to read minds to know what he was thinking. He hated himself, how could he put her in this position, she could of died. And it would have been his fault.

There was nothing worse than knowing you were the cause of someone else's pain.

And that was how they both felt.

Charlotte climbed out of Edwards car, pausing before closing the door, thinking over the events of the night. "Goodnight." She waited for a reply, but it never came, it was like he'd lost the ability to speak. With a nod of her head she closed the door, walking slowly up to her empty house, hearing the car speed away behind her.

Now that she knew Edward was gone she let the tears fall.

She hadn't cried like she was now in a long time. The sobs racked her whole body, her hands grabbing at her hair. She couldn't even see the lock to open the door. So instead she just turned around and slide down it, letting her body hit the cold floor.

So much had happened in the past few months, so many happy things. But right now they weren't enough.

She felt so alone, the only people she could talk to about what was going on were no where to be seen. They'd cast her out of their house like she was a murderer, none of them saying  a word to her. To make it worse she couldn't even talk to her friends, they had no idea about what was going on in her life.

Charlotte didn't know how long she had sat on the doorstep, it was only when she felt like she couldn't cry anymore that she went inside.

On a typical night she would leave her window open for Edward to climb in - actually he'd already be here seen as April was working nights and Charlotte didn't like sleeping alone - but tonight she was going to keep the window closed. She didn't want to be around him right now.

Not that Edward tried to go to Charlotte's house though, she knew because the branch he normally used didn't creak through the whole night.

"Where's the Cullen's today, Charl?" Angela asked as the red head sat down at the table, the group all moving their eyes to her.

She forced a smile on her face, looking behind her at the empty Cullen table "Oh, they er, they haven't been feeling very well so Dr Cullen kept them all off incase of a bug."