eleven; far far away

"A boy or a girl?

"A boy or a girl?

"A boy, definitely a boy."

"I think you mean definitely a girl."

"I meant what I said."

"Doesn't mean you aren't wrong."

Charlotte laid with her back against Edwards chest, the two in their field. Both of their hands resting on Charlottes flat stomach.

"Have you ever thought you could be wrong?"

"Edward. You know I'm never wrong."

He hummed at her, knowing they could argue about this for ages.

"If it was a boy what would you call it?"

Edward could hear Charlottes thoughts, deciding he would pick her ideal name and use it as his.

"Elliot."

"Really?! Thats what I would too!"

"If it was a girl?"

"You said its definitely not a girl."

"But if it was." Edward argued.

"Molly."

"Why?"

He could feel her body stiffen against his " My great aunt was called Molly. She was like a grandma to me, one of my favourite people in the world... She died not long ago, so I'd want to call her Molly."

"What'd she die of?"

"A few things really... She'd been diagnosed with cancer a few years before, she used to be really healthy but all the treatment just took out of her I guess. She got so small and started forgetting things, nothing like the person she used to be.... I can't remember if she ever got the all clear but because she was just so weak she ended up falling. I don't know how long she was on her floor before someone found her and took her to hospital but she'd broken her hip... She got put in a side room, a room people never really went in. Then she developed pneumonia... It was all just too much for her.... I'm not sure how long she was gone before anyone checked on her."

"Charlotte, I'm so sorry."

She let a few tears fall before smiling a little "It's okay. I didn't see her before she went, she didn't want me to remember her like that... My mum saw her though, we ended up going on holiday the day she got put into hospital... We were so sure she'd be gone by the time we got back, but she hung on... I think she waited two weeks to see my mum one last time before she let go. She never had a little girl, only a son and then her grandkids were boys too.... So I think when my mum was born she became the daughter she'd always wanted and then I came along and became her grand daughter."

Charlotte knew she was going on, but she wanted Edward to know everything there was to know about her. And this was an important part of her.

After a while Edward spoke again "I like Molly."

The two stayed quiet for some time, both of them just thinking.

"Did you ever want kids? Before all this."

She rolled over, wanting to look at Edwards face instead of the sky.

"I think I did. It was what was expected of me back then. Meet a girl, court, get married, have kids, work while she stayed at home."

"But did you want it?"

"I'd have wanted it if I met you." He knew it was cheesy, but it was the truth. If he had met her while he was still human he would have done anything to be with her.

"So would you have a baby with me? And I mean in this life, not before."

"I can't have a baby with you, you know that Lottie."

She sighed "I know, but if it was possible."

He knew that she wouldn't like the answer but he would always be honest with her "No, I wouldn't. Not if you could conceive or if we could adopt.... I wouldn't be able to trust myself or my family around them. Children have no perception of danger. I wouldn't be able to do that to you or to them."

Charlotte let a few minutes of silence pass "I wish it wasn't like this. I know that I wouldn't have met you if you weren't this but our children would look so cute."

"Emmett would love all the little reds running around."

The two started laughing at Edwards comment.

"Can you imagine him? I don't think he'd be able to cope."

"How many are we having?"

They then went back to doing what they were doing before the conversation turned slightly serious. Pretending that they were a normal couple.

"As many as is on my name list."

"What're the names?"

"Okay so we have; Elliot Cullen, then Molly Cullen, then Theo and Noah- twins. Then Delilah, Winnie and Ivy. Then Ralph."

"We are not having eight babies or naming one of them Ralph."

"Ugh Edward, if I want eight babies I will have them with or without you.... What's wrong with Ralph?"

"It's a dogs name."

"It's not! Imagine little baby Ralphy!" Charlotte paused for a few seconds "Okay yeah I see what you mean, but it's still cute!"

"We can have three kids. Pick three names."

"Can we make it four? Just so it's all even."

"Fine."

"Okay, hard one... I'm gonna have to go Elliot, Molly, Theo and Delilah. Which ones your favourite?"

"Delilah."

"It's cute right? Little baby Lilah Cullen.... You can pick the middle names."

"Thanks, that's really kind of you."

Charlotte tried her hardest to muster up her Monica Geller voice "I know!"

The couple spent until the sun set discussing their perfect futures together. The conversation stayed happy, but they both couldn't help wishing it would actually come true.

me throwing this in just as is was getting kinda dramatic, also i know this is kinda boring but it made me happy
also this was supposed to be a different chapter but i've swapped them around :)