twenty one; cross keys

Edward didn't end up taking Charlotte back to his house after they'd spoke

Edward didn't end up taking Charlotte back to his house after they'd spoke. Edward didn't need Jasper's gift to know that Charlotte was feeling drained after the memory trip. So he thought it would be best to take her home, even if Charlotte did protest that she was fine.

At least Charlotte knew the family weren't offended that she hadn't returned, she'd had a few texts with her self-proclaimed 'new best friend' Alice, and she was how invited to play baseball with them next weekend. Although Charlotte couldn't say she was too excited, she'd never been good at rounders and she didn't think she'd be any better at it with a bunch of super skilled vampires. 

And speaking of best friends, it had been far too long since Charlotte had seen Angela and Isabella Swan. It had actually only been two days but that gives Jessica far too much time to try and cut her out of the group.

Which meant that Charlotte had no choice but to dump Edward for the night and go and make sure she was still as valuable to Angela as she was before.

So now here Charlotte was dragging mattresses into the only empty room in the house to make the perfect cinema room. She'd already hung a white sheet off the wall to make for a big screen.

"Hey baby." April walked into the room fairy lights in hand "I thought these might make the room look cuter."

Charlotte smiled at her mum, welcoming the happy aura into the room. "They'd make it look the cutest."

April walked over to her daughter pulling her into a hug. "No you're the cutest." Charlotte heard her mum mumble into her hair while she rocked them side to side.

"Are you flirting with me?" Charlotte teased her mum, normally April would have gone along with it, but just not today.

"How was today? You disappeared when you got home, I didn't even get to say hi to Edward."

Charlotte hummed in reply, thinking about what to say before saying it. "His family are lovely, you'd get along really well with his mum, she's really great. They're all great, but a few questions were asked about why we moved here, I guess I kinda expected that they'd ask, but I just didn't know what to say. How do I explain it all to people who I want to like me. You know?"

April also hummed in reply, a thing they both often did to each other. "They'd like you no matter what, you didn't do anything wrong. What happened to you could have happened to anyone. It was just how the cookie crumbled."

"I told Edward, he says he kinda gets it.... did you know he's adopted? I've never asked him about it so maybe he went through something similar. I don't know.... he was really understanding though, made sure I was okay and was more than happy to leave me for the night so Angela and Bella could come over."