twenty two; a simple life

Edward Cullen hated himself

He hated that he'd left, he hated that the girl he was so madly in love with hated him, he hated himself and he hated that his family would not shut up about the way they could save her.

However he didn't hate that as much as he hated the thought of having to tell Charlotte that he'd actually kissed someone else.

"Will you all be quiet?" Edward tried not to speak too loud, his eyes focused on the girl who's head rested in his lap while she slept on the sofa.

"We're trying to help, Edward." Emmett was angry, he couldn't understand how it could possibly be happening.

"You'll help by letting her sleep."

It was now very clear to the Cullens that Charlotte wasn't well. The fountain had rubbed off her face, showing just how much more pale the already pale girl was. Her concealer had vanished, showing the darkest bags under her eyes. It was only now after weeks of them being back that they could see how skinny she was.

"How many chips did she eat?" Esme didn't know what to do with herself, she felt like she should do something but she didn't know what. It was all tearing her apart inside.

"Fifteen, she had exactly three bites of her pizza." Rosalie hadn't left Charlotte's side, she felt so protective over her. It was Rose that Charlotte had chosen to tell first, it was her that Charlotte had rang when she was so upset. So now Rose had to make sure that Charlotte felt safe.

"How much did she....keep down?"

"....None of it." Only Rosalie and Jasper were allowed in the bathroom while Charlotte threw up. Rose was there to rub her back and Jasper was there to try and make her feel better through his gift - although he had to face the wall, Charlotte didn't want him to see her like that.

"She needs help." Emmett couldn't bare the thought of losing his best friend, he was so close to getting her back.

"She doesn't want it." His mate spoke from her place on the sofa where she was softly stroking Charlotte's head.

"She knows she needs it."

Edward had noticed that the barrier Charlotte normally put up to stop Edward from reading her thoughts had gotten weaker, she couldn't hold it up as long as before.

"Why doesn't she want it?"

Charlotte had forced the family to play music as loud as they could while she threw up the entire contents of her stomach. It meant that they couldn't all hear the disgusting noises but they also couldn't hear the things she was telling Rosalie and Jasper.