fourteen; undead to me

"Thats what your bothered about? All of the things you were just thinking and Bella Swan is what you're concerning yourself with?" Edward looked at the girl as though she had grown three heads, was that really all she was bothered about?

"Well..... yes?" Maybe it didn't matter to Edward but it did to her, and unless he gave her an answer on it then she wasn't really bothered about anything else he had to say.

Whereas Edward wasn't interested in the subject of Bella Swan, sure she was pretty but she wasn't special, in fact she was rather boring looking. However he knew that answering Charlotte's question would make her a bit happier, so it's what he was going to do.

"Yes."

"Yes?" Charlotte couldn't believe what she was hearing, it was the truth? Jessica wasn't lying.

"I know what you're thinking, and none of it is true." Well, it was partly true. "Yes we kissed-

"-Ugh." Charlotte rolled her eyes, a scowl taking over her face as she interrupted.

"-thats the simple and nice way of putting it... but if we're putting it in the honest and rather harsh it's more like she kissed me. Did I kiss back? No. Did I want the kiss? No. Do I hold any negative feelings towards Isabella Swan for it? No. She was consumed by emotion at the time and wasn't thinking straight. Is that okay for you?"

Edward's way of explaining things annoyed Charlotte. She didn't need all the rhetorical questions, she just needed a yes or a no, and if it was wanted or enjoyable.

He always had to add in silly little details. Charlotte didn't care if he held any negative feelings towards Bella.

"No it's not okay, so what you're saying is she forced herself on you? Hmm?"

Edward knew this was coming, of course he knew, he could read all of her thoughts. Which luckily for him meant he was already prepared for this question.

"No. To some people, yes." Again with the small details, "But to me, no. I was comforting her and giving her mixed signals. The poor girl felt like I wanted it as much as she did. I knew she liked me and I knew what would happen if I got too close to her, and I did get too close to her. So personally I want to take the blame."

"You shouldn't." Charlotte mumbled in reply "She doesn't deserve for you to be kind to her."

Edward didn't want to spend any more time talking about the chiefs daughter so instead ignored Charlottes comment and changed the subject back to why he had brought her here in the first place. "Lets go back to thinking about whats wrong with me."