fifteen; freak on

Charlotte decided to go and visit Angela after she'd started to process the whole Edward being some weird sparkly vegetarian blood drinker thing

Charlotte decided to go and visit Angela after she'd started to process the whole Edward being some weird sparkly vegetarian blood drinker thing. She thought it would be a good idea for her and her best friend to just do normal things (take the focus away from the discovery of the super natural), however Angela had other ideas.

"So you know how you, Jess and Bella aren't exactly bestie?" Angela shouted to Charlotte from the bathroom.

"Yeah?" Replied Charlotte, already on suspicious of Angela.

"Well I was thinking-"

"Oh no." Charlotte muttered to herself knowing that Angela couldn't hear her from the bedroom.

"-maybe we could all do some bonding-" Charlotte went to scream, but Angela carried on talking  "- and before you use the excuse that they'll say no, they won't! They've already agreed. Said it was up to you to chose what we all do!"

Angela had come out of the bathroom half way through speaking, knowing that if she gave Charlotte her puppy dog eyes that she'd cave.

"How generous of them to let me pick." The two girls stared each other down for a few seconds before Charlotte gave in, "Ugh fine, I'll come. I have a great idea."

Now Charlotte wasn't a violet person, in fact she hated violence or the thought of other people getting hurt. But she couldn't think of anything better to do with to do girls that she'd attempted to destroy the lives of than destroy things with them.

"I am not doing this."

"Okay." Charlotte shrugged and pulled Jessica and Isabella a sarcastic smile. "Bye then." She wiggled her fingers at them before grabbing Angela's arm and turning around.

Charlotte hated Jessica. And Jessica hated Charlotte. No amount of bonding would change that. Sometimes people just weren't meant to be friends and that was okay.

Besides, Charlotte held too high of an entry range for Jessica to ever qualify as her friend.

Although, maybe Charlotte would like Jess a little more if she knew that the girl had only agreed to attend the bonding activity, because Angela had begged them. That was obviously going to score her a few brownie points. Another reason for her attendance was because Bella thought it might be a good idea to get Charlotte on their side, after all she showed that she wasn't afraid to stand up for what she believed in and wasn't scared of any of the consequences.

That was a good friend to have, especially when you didn't have many friends.

Jess went to leave with a roll of her eyes, until Bella grabbed her arm and pulled her back. The action didn't go unnoticed by Charlotte, who raised her eyebrows at the pair, not thinking that Bella had it in her to be more than Jessica's little puppet.

"We're staying." Bella declared putting her foot down for some kind of emphasis.

Charlotte released a small laugh, pulling a sweet smile towards both girls "You're staying?" Bella nodded her head like she was rather unsure, "Okay." Charlotte picked up the rather large wooden hammer and swung it over her shoulder. "Listen here, if you're staying and doing this bonding activity then thats it. You don't have to say sorry for treating me like dogs arse and I won't apologise for breaking you up with Mike or for telling everyone you like him. I don't regret doing it, it was the right thing to do." Charlotte was half expecting both girls to bolt as fast as they could.

"Okay." Bella gave Charlotte a genuine smile "I've been meaning to thank you anyway, if you hadn't have been a complete bitch - no offence - then me and Mike wouldn't have broken up and I wouldn't be as happy as I am now. I know its no excuse but I just didn't have the bal-"

Charlotte rushed over to Isabella before she could finish and pulled her into a hug, a very mature thing for the normally immature girl to do. "No offence taken, I did take it too far. Cheatings never okay, but I know you weren't happy."

Charlotte Smith would never admit it, but she was changing for the better. And it was all thanks to the people of Forks. What she had done to Isabella and Mike was wrong, and she knew that. But that sort of stuff would have been accepted at her old school, no one would have battered an eye. However, Charlotte could see the flaw with that. No one should be treated like the are below her, although it would take more time for Charlotte to really follow that new belief.

Jess was then engulfed in a bone crushing hug by Charlotte. "I don't like you, I don't have any respect for you at all... But I'll be civil for Angela. But if you ever step one foot out of line I want you to know that I are't scared of you."

That was even a mature step, the old Charlotte wouldn't have even managed civil.

A nod of the head was all that Charlotte received in reply from Jess, the girl not trusting herself to say something nice, not wanting to cause a scene and ruin the positive vibe that was now surrounding the group.

"Right Charl, what are we doing here?"

Charlotte smirked at the three girls and then flung her arm out "We girls, are destroying whatever the hell this is in my garden!"

Bella let out a dramatic gasp, "Wait this is your garden?"

This time it was Angelas turn to smirk. "Yup."

The girls sure put their all in to destroying the old rotten fence around Charlotte's front garden, and then with the same with the broken stone shed in the back. It definitely released all the emotions that they'd all been holding in for the past few weeks.

Angela was releasing the anger she'd held for her friends not getting on.

Jessica was releasing all the annoyance she'd held at Bella for being Mikes girlfriend and him not being hers. And also the annoyance at Charlotte for coming along and ruining any chance she'd have with him in the future.

Isabella was releasing all the unhappiness she'd held during the relationship with Mike.

And Charlotte was releasing every emotion she'd held in for the past 7 years of her life.

hi, i know its such a short update and i wish it was longer, but my laptops just not working atm, I'm so sorry :( ive had a few lovely comments and messages recently which makes me want to update 10 times a day because they're just so sweet. i know this chapters a bit of let down but i promise next one will be better, i just don't know if i should delve into charlottes past, write a full chapter on whats been going on with edward, or the part where bella (which would be charlotte) goes to the cullen house. which would you prefer most? xx