eight; E.Cullen

Charlotte wished the two would have nothing to talk about

Charlotte wished the two would have nothing to talk about. She wished that Alice Culled would be a horrible girl. She hoped they wouldn't get on as well as they did.

Because then it would make it that much easier for when she had to avoid Edward.

It wasn't that Charlotte Smith believed everything that came out of Jessica Stanley's mouth. It was the fact that she had always had doubts about Edward Cullen. Why would a boy like him want anything to do with a girl like her? There was just no way.

And of course there had to have been a bit of truth to Jessica's words.

"You're mad at my brother." The laughing that was once ringing through the air from the two girls ceased, Charlotte turning to look at Alice confused.

"Sorry?"

"You're mad at him." Alice simply repeated. Charlotte went to reply but the Cullen girl spoke before she could. "He told me you're mad at him."

Edward knew she was mad at him? Well not mad, unhappy maybe? She couldn't be mad over him kissing Isabella Swan one time

Thats if it was even true.

But how did he know she was unhappy with him? She hadn't seen him since he dropped her off this morning and he wasn't in the food court when Jessica said all that stuff. Maybe he'd overheard one of her friends talking about it, or maybe he'd asked Angela where she'd gone after being missing from english.

Yes, that must be it.

"Oh." Charlotte continued to ponder over Alice's words ".... Did he say anything else?"

The Cullen girl turned her head towards the ginger, a sly smile beaming off her face. It was one of those smiles which hide  had a cunning secret. "Yes actually."

Charlotte waited for Alice to expand, but she never did. "And?..... What did he say?" It seemed that Charlotte would have to try and coax it out her.

"Oh." At this Alice let out a small giggle, "Silly me!" Charlotte wondered where she got her enthusiasm from. Although she would probably be the same if Jessica hadn't ruined her mood. "He said he'll pick you up at seven...... if that's okay with your mom of course."

A million questions swam through Charlottes head. But she didn't have time to ask any of them, they'd already arrived at the Smith household. "So? Is seven alright?" Alice pressed.

"...yes." Came an unsure response.

This caused a noise so high pitched only dogs could hear to emit from the pixie looking girl. "Great! He said dress nice!"

This caused a smile to spread on to Charlottes plump lips. Didn't she always dress nice ?

Once out of the car Alice sped away, that definitely wasn't the speed limit.

Before Charlotte could even walk up the pathway to her house the door was flung open to reveal her mother stood excitedly on the other side.

"Oh Charlotte you're home!"

Charlotte found her mothers emotions having an effect on her, making herself also radiate with happiness

"Yes mum, I come home everyday." Charlotte replied with a playful tone. "Wait, why aren't you at work?"

"Never mind that, you've had a special delivery today." Now April started giggling, what was wrong with her? "Guess what it is, go on guess!" Charlotte pulled a face at her mother, seriously what was wrong with her? "Oh Charlotte- it's flowers! Someone bought you the most beautiful bunch of roses!"

Charlotte had a suspicious feeling about who the roses might be from, but why would he leave roses at her house when he would see her tonight? He could have just given her them in person. But maybe he was nervous, he did get Alice to ask her to go out with him after all. On the other hand they might not have been from Edward at all, back at her old school students would send her flowers all the time, even if they'd never spoken one word to her.

"Was there a note with them?" Charlottes voice had lost the happiness, becoming a lot quieter, what if they weren't from Edward at all?

"There may or may not be a note... not that I read it or anything, because I respect your privacy, you know I do, don't you? And I- okay... yes I read it, I couldn't help it! I'm interested in my daughters love life, sue me." April really was a waffler. Especially when she got nervous, how she managed to become a doctor Charlotte would never know.

"Mum, it's fine don't worry about it." A small giggle slipping from both of their lips. "Who are they from?"

"An E. Cullen." At this Charlotte's mouth spread into the widest grin ever, so they were from Edward after all. "Cullen, huh? I work with a Cullen."

"Yeah I'm pretty sure his dads a doctor."

"You know how to pick them don't you Charl? Son of a doctor, not half bad." April was the only person Charlotte would let call her nicknames, and that's only because she owed it to her as April did push her out of her private area.

Charlotte let out a little laugh. "Or maybe he knows how to pick them, I am the daughter of a doctor, not half bad."

This caused April to burst into laughter, for some reason the woman was in an exceptionally good mood, everything seemed funny to her. " Well I can't argue with that, can I?" The laughter soon died out leaving the two girls stood in silence.
"Do you like this Cullen boy Charl?" Charlotte slowly nodded her head, causing April to give her a small smile. "Good... That's really good.... You deserve happiness, you really do.... I just- I-I know its early for you and him but just be careful, okay? I don't want you to ever be like me."

Charlotte noticed tears were brimming in her mothers eyes, causing her to leap forward and engulf her in the biggest hug. "Mummy don't be silly, if I was half the person you are I would be perfect. Don't ever beat yourself up over what Dad did. It's not your fault, okay? I love you to the moon and back, alright?"

"Mhm to the moon and to the stars and back sweet heart." Charlotte squeezed her mum even tighter, most liking causing the thin woman to have difficulty breathing. "Now why don't you go get ready for this date with a Mr E Cullen?"

just another fanfic where everyone hates bella<3