eighteen; family affair

Charlotte had to give credit to the designer, the house was so beautiful

Charlotte had to give credit to the designer, the house was so beautiful. Although not exactly what she had expected it to look like, apparently all of the years Charlotte spent watching Young Dracula was for nothing. The house looked nothing like that one. And so far there was no sight of any coffins, or high rise ceilings that had windows almost as big with curtains even longer.

She'd been tricked.

Some part of Charlotte was relieved that the house didn't look sinister, she wasn't sure her heart could take it. But another part of her wished the house looked like a haunted mansion, for comedic value of course.

She wasn't actually sure how long she had stood looking at the front of the house, just trying to think of how she was going to greet the family - although she had already ran through multiple scenarios before she fell asleep, but now none of them seemed quite right.

"Just walk in." Edward had been stood behind her the whole time, running through the scenarios with her.

"Just walk in." She mimicked, "Are you stupid? That's like setting me up for failure." Charlotte let out a dramatic huff before starting to throw her hands around as she spoke "How do I walk? Normal walk, shy walk, confident walk, will a strut work? Do I throw in a wave too? I've never had to meet a group full of vampires before. I've never even had to meet this many vegetarians before!"

She knew that she was overthinking, but in her defence she is a Virgo, so overthinking is something she was literally born with. A blessing and a curse - but mostly a curse.

"Charlotte." Edward had grabbed the smaller girls shoulders forcing her to look at him, "Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...... but they don't care. They just want to meet you, properly that is." Charlotte had tried - and failed - to get out of todays visit by arguing that she'd met them at school already, and she'd met Carlisle at the hospital.

However Edwards counter argument was that she had not actually met them, just seen them, and yes she had officially met Carlisle but not Esme.

So here they were.

"Right okay, so I'll just walk in there, smile, say 'Hey, how's it going?' Perfect, thats perfect right? No, thats totally not perfect- why- why would I think thats perfect? - you know what-"

Edward could listen to Charlotte talk all day, he loved the sound of her voice. But he could not listen to this for a second longer, they'd already spent enough time stood outside and the complaints had started to pour into his ears - mainly Alice, Emmett and Esme.

"Thats enough for today." Charlotte felt Edward start to push on her back, forcing her to go into the house, no matter if she was ready or not. Well no time like the present.

"Yeah okay-thats enough- totally enough- wow- thats cool- I like the stairs- such lovely stairs- I- where were they from?" Edward had chosen not to reply to the blabbering from the girl in front of him, knowing it was just nerves. However amusement did dance across his face as they neared the top of the stairs.

"Swap places with me." They were just about to reach the top when the pushing in Charlottes back had stopped, causing her to stop in confusion, until Edward had whispered in her ear. He had realised it wasn't exactly fair for her to walk into the room first.

Charlotte had been more than willing to move behind Edward, anything to delay her entrance into the lions den - or the vampires cave?

The pair had walked up the last few steps too fast for Charlottes liking, instead of it taking hours it took seconds.

"Charlotte, hi." A woman that Charlotte had never seen before had walked over to them as soon as they had reached the top. Esme had grown impatient waiting for the two, she couldn't help but rush over straight away.

Charlotte had taken a few seconds before replying, wanting to take in the womans beauty, she was just like other mothers that Charlotte had seen before, except younger and... prettier. She didn't know how she'd managed to pass as the mother of five teenagers without one wrinkle.

"Hi." Charlotte reached her hand out towards the older vampire, only to be pulled into a cold hug. A cold hug that made her feel... warm? Forks really was changing her, she actually liked physical contact now.

"It's so great to finally meet you, I've heard lovely things." Esme pulled away, going to stand over next to her husband.

"And I've heard amazing things about you." It wasn't a lie, Edward really had sang Esme's praises, making her seem like the best person in the world. Which was part of the reason as to why Charlotte was so nervous.

Edward started speaking before anyone could question Charlotte on what he'd told her, he didn't want them to know that he actually said nice things about them, Emmett would not let him hear the end of it. "Okay Charl." He then pulled her into his side and started pointing at each individual family member.

"Esme you just met, amazing, loving and the mother of the family." Charlotte gave a small wave mouthing a 'hi again'.

"Next to her Carlisle, doctor, looks amazing for dad of five, as you've told me countless times you've already met." Charlotte again gave her small wave, mouthing hi, before adding an again to it.

"Now for the kids. That one theres Emmett, looks like he's on steroids, pretty strong, is whipped." Emmett chose to ignore the last comment, instead choosing to mimic the wave Charlotte had been doing. Lucky for Charlotte she had always been able to think on her feet, if she was going to make fun of her she would make fun of him.

"You do look like your on steroids." She hummed, crossing her arms and leaning further into Edward.

"I'm not!" Esme shot a look to Emmett because of his small outburst, so he muttered a small 'Im not' to the girl at his side, who just ignored him.

"Blonde one next to him, thats Rosalie, can be nasty, obsesses over clothes and hair, won't admit it but is also whipped." Now it was Rosalie's turn to pull a look, but it was aimed at Edward.

Before Edward could continue, he was interrupted by a girl... walking in through the window...... from a tree?

"Hey Charlotte." The brown haired girl made a beeline for her, only stopping once she was close enough to pull her into a hug. "We're going to be best friends."

edited: 30/09/20

re edit: edited this over a year ago, then why bad?? btw if ur wanting less dialogue and arent home of phobic, then the human is your story <3