intro/family dinner (part 1)

Mattia and I have known eachother since the second we were both born. Mattia and I were born on the same exact day in the same hospital! How crazy is that? He never let's me forget the fact that he is 5 minutes older. Our mother's are best friends. Mattia and I live right next to eachother. We have dinner with our families once a week. He has been there for me through everything.

I drove home from volleyball practice and saw the Polibio's car in our driveway.

"Family dinner... Oops I forgot..." I said to myself.

I pulled my car into our garage then put my hair down and brushed it. I then put deodorant on then looked back in my rearview mirror.

"Eh I look fine I guess" I said.

I locked my car and walked inside of my house. Mattia's mom was setting the table and my mom was still cooking. I walked over to Mattia's mom and gave her a side hug.

"Hi Mrs. Polibio!" I said to her.
"Hi Luna, how was practice?"
"Good! Thanks for asking." I replied.

I walked over to the couch and plopped next to Mattia and his brother, Luca. I give him and his brother a hug.

"How are my favorite boys doing?" I asked.
"I'm great. Mattia I'm her favorite." Luca said smiling.
"She said we are both her favorite actually." Mattia said to his brother defensively.
"Okay sure" Luca says and goes back to watching TV.

I laugh.

"How was volleyball? You're all sweaty." Mattia said laughing.
"Hey! I'm not that sweaty. It was fun though. I'm literally so tired and I still have to study for the algebra 2 test tomorrow."
"It's gonna be easy don't worry, Luna" Mattia said trying to reassure me.
"Mattia I'm not good at math. I seriously need to get my grade up in that class." I said stressed.
"Why don't I stay after dinner and I can help you study?" Mattia said.
"Really? Can you pleaseeeeee?" I said.
"Of course." He responded.
"Thank you." I said wrapping my hands around his neck, giving him a small hug.
"Dinner's ready!" My mom calls out.

The three of us get up from the couch and go to the dining room table. I sit by Mattia, like always. We had pasta with vodka sauce and bread for dinner.

"I'm so hungry I could literally eat all of this," I said getting myself a serving of pasta and bread.

"Volleyball has you working hard, huh?" Mattia's dad said.

"Oh yeah being the captain is hard work,"

Everyone's face lit up. I became the captain of the varsity volleyball team today. Usually the captain is a senior so as a junior it's quite a surprise that I am the captain.

"Oh my god! No way! Luna that's sick" Mattia said putting his hand on my thigh.
"Congratulations!" Mattia's parents said in sync.
"Sweetie that's amazing!" My mom said.
"Thank you guys! I was so confused when my coach announced that cause the captain is usually a senior." I said.
"You should be very proud." My mom said smiling.
"You deserve it! You are great out in that court." Mattia's mom said to me.
"Aww thank you!"

Mattia smiled at me. I smiled back then he took his hand off of my thigh. We all finished dinner. I helped my mom and Mattia's mom clean up dinner and the dishes.

"Thank you for having us." Mattia's mom said as she started to walk to the door.
"You all are always welcome. We love you." My mom said and hugged everyone. I also gave everyone a hug.
"Oh mom could I stay and help Luna with math?" Mattia asked.
"That's fine with me. Is it okay with you?" Mattia's mom asked my mom.
"Of course!" My mom said.
We said goodbye to Mattia's mom, dad and brother and they left. Mattia and I walked upstairs to my room.