stuck in shock (part 62)

It was now Friday and Blaire went back to her town and Celeste went back to her house. I was back at my house. I started to pack for Italy. The Polibio's and I fly to Italy on Sunday. My sister was at school and my mom was at work meaning, I'm home alone again. I got hungry and took a break from packing. I went downstairs to eat. I made a quick quesadilla then was just about to sit on the couch when my doorbell rang. I put my food down and looked through the peep hole of the door just to make sure it wasn't a creepy man or anything. I opened the door and said,

"Caleb...?"

(an: i know caleb was in the super early chapters so here's a quick refresher, basically him and luna talked for a while in her sophomore year then he hooked up with luna's old best friend, elena at a party. he also is the reason she doesn't like parties)

"Hi, Luna" Caleb said.
"What are you doing here...?" I asked him.
"I have to tell you something" He said.

I sighed.

"Can I come in?" Caleb asked me.

I hesitated then suddenly we both heard thunder and lighting struck near by. I looked around, he didn't drive here. He lived close by. It began to pour. I was kinda obligated to let him in now... I sighed,

"Just come in" I said.

Caleb walked in and we both sat on my couch. I ate my quesadilla and he said,

"I haven't had one of your quesadilla's in so long"

I laughed awkwardly.

"Oh um, anyways... I'm moving" Caleb told me.

I looked at him and said,

"Really? Why?"
"My dad lost his job here and the only other job offer he has gotten is in California" Caleb said.

Why the fuck does everyone live in California?! I thought to myself, I obviously didn't say that aloud.

"Wow, California. That's a big move" I said.
"Yeah. Um, I just wanted to say thank you , sorry and goodbye. I wanted to thank you for showing me what love is like and how to find a genuine and loving girl. Thank you for all of those memories we have. I'll never forget pushing you around in that broken cart in the grocery store parking lot summer of sophomore year... I wanted to say sorry for my immature actions in 10th grade. I'm sorry you had to be the one to get hurt to make me learn how to be a better person. So... I guess this is goodbye, Luna" Celeb said.

Him saying that reminded me of the boy I fell for summer going into sophomore year. I instantly saw us running around the grocery store parking lot, watching movies on my very same couch and spraying each other with the hose in my yard when it was the hottest day of that summer. A smile grew on my face and I said,

"You matured a lot, Caleb. I'm glad you did. You'll find a really beautiful girl in California and now you'll know how to treat her" I said and my voice slightly cracked as I said the words 'treat her'.

We both sat there, emotions and tension filled the room.

"I'm so fucking sorry" Caleb blurted out.
"Caleb, I've moved past all of that and-" I started to say.
"I don't know what I was thinking that night. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever met. I love everything about you, Luna. Your smile is so contagious. You're so goofy in the best way. I don't know if any other girl could ever replace that" Caleb said.

I stared at him then looked down at my feet. Hearing this confused me so much. Does he know I'm in a relationship... He definitely does. I think? Wait... was he not over me?

"I thought you and Elena-?" I began to ask.
"I know this is bad timing but I couldn't leave without telling you that-... I'm still in love with you" Caleb admitted.

I sat there in complete and utter shock. I had no idea he still had feelings for me. I was oblivious. I didn't know he really still felt that deeply about me. I tried to speak but I was so confused I couldn't even form a sentence. Memories were uncontrollably flashing in my mind.

Making cookies with Caleb in my kitchen.
Him teaching me how to drive.
Late night summer drives with him.
Always hanging out at the grocery store for some reason.
We loved playing roblox too for some weird reason, at first it was a joke then we both became addicted to roblox, oh, minecraft too.
I remember always eating lunch with just him on friday's outside on a small wooden bench. We designated Friday's for eachother since we both usually sat with our other friends at lunch.

"Fuck, I'm sorry for confusing you with all of that" I heard Caleb say, causing me to zone back into reality.
"I-it's okay" I stuttered.
"I'm not trying to make you talk with me again or even get with me. I just needed to confess and get that off of my chest before I left. I don't want to interrupt your current relationship. I know you're happy with Mattia. If I'm being honest, it hurts me a lot seeing you with him but at least you're happy. That's all I really want" Caleb said.

I sighed deeply as I tried to process all of this. I looked outside and it was still pouring rain.

"I'm proud of you. That probably took a lot of courage for you to say. You're going to go far, Caleb. I hope you thrive in California. Don't hold onto me, don't hold onto an idea of us. All our memories are irreplaceable but please don't waste time on me. It's not worth it. Please try and find someone out in California, okay? Do it for me" I said.

He hesitantly nodded.

"Let me drive you home so you don't have to walk in this weather" I said putting my plate down and getting up.

Caleb stared at my plate then got up.

"Here, I'll make you a farewell quesadilla" I laughed softly.
"Oh yess. I didn't want to ask but I antes one" Caleb said.

I quickly whipped up one of my quesadilla and put in in a napkin and handed it to him. I grabbed my lanyard and my car keys. I opened the door for Caleb then locked the front door. We both walked out to my car that was in my driveway. I unlocked it, Caleb got into the passenger seat. I started to get into the drivers seat. I looked up and saw Mattia and the boys playing soccer in the rain. Mattia stopped and stared at me. I saw his mood instantly change. I sighed knowing I was going to have to explain all of this to Mattia and probably defend myself and prove that I'm not cheating or anything. I got in my car and drove to Caleb's house. He lived just about 4 or 5 minutes away. We pulled up information of his house. There were boxes in front of his garage and moving trucks parked in his driveway. I parked my car in front of his house and said,

"Well I guess this is goodbye..."
"Yeah..." Caleb said.
"Bye Caleb. Thanks for a good few months we had together" I said.
"Thank you" He said.

I hugged him, NOT in a romantic way. Don't worry. He hugged me back then opened the car door.

"Wait. Thanks for what?" I asked him.
"Everything" He smiled softly, shut the car door and walked into his house.

(an: how do you think mattia will react?! do you think caleb should have told luna how he really feels??)