memory (part 70)

(Luna's Pov)
I was out of the hospital. My mom, my sister and I were all packed and on our way to the airport. I slept in the Uber because my head hurt. I was woken up by my mom because we got to the airport. We checked our bag, walked through security and did all of that stuff then finally got to our gate. I sat down in the chair and my mom asked me,

"How do you feel?"
"My head is pounding but I'm alright" I said and yawned.
"Are you excited to go back home?" My mom asked.
"Yeah. I wanna sleep in my own bed and see my friends" I said.
"Do you remember your friends?" My mom asked.
"Yeah. The boys and Celeste and Blaire" I said.
"Do you remember the boys?" My mom asked.
"Yes" I said.
"Name them" My mom said.
"Kairi, Alejandro, Alvaro and Mattia" I said.
"Good. I'm sorry if this is annoying I'm just trying to help you get your memory back, love" My mom said.
"No it's okay, I appreciate it" I said.
"Okay. Which of the boys have you known the longest?" My mom asked.
"Umm..." I said.
"Think about it for a second" My mom said.
"Oh my gosh wait, Mattia and I were born on the same day. You and Mrs. Polibio gave birth on the same day then we met right away when we were babies" I said.
"Yes!!" My mom said cheerfully.

We boarded the plane and sat down. My mom gave me medicine that the doctors prescribed for about a weeks dose. She then continued with the questions.

"Do you remember your dad?" My mom asked.
"Ugh fuck him and Jill's pregnant ass" I said.
"Good, language though, Luna!" My mom said.
"Oh my bad" I said.
"Oh also, Jill had her baby girls" My mom said.
"What?!" Gianna and I said.
"It's a baby boy and his name is Micah" My mom said.
"Poor kid" I said.
"Luna, he's your brother" My mom said.
"Yeah, I feel bad for him" I said.

My mom laughed and so did my sister. The medicine made me drowsy so I ended up knocking out.

Suddenly, I was on the beach, in a Tesla with Mattia. We were driving on the sand. We were blasting "Xo Tour Lif3" by Lil Uzi and singing along. Mattia and I looked at eachother and screamed along to the song,

"Push me to the edge!"

I rolled the window down and stuck the upper top of my body out the window. Mattia held onto my leg and I waved my arms out the window. Suddenly the ring slipped off of my finger and the tide took it into the ocean. I gasped,

"Mattia! My promise ring fell off! Stop the car" I said.

Mattia stopped the car and I ran into the ocean. The ocean suddenly started pulling me almost as if it had strong arms. I screamed,

"Mattia help me!"

The ocean was pulling me and Mattia said,

"I'm not strong enough, Luna"

I was sobbing and screaming then Mattia said,

"One last kiss" and planted a kiss onto my lips.
"I love you" I cried.
"I'll always love you" Mattia said.

I tried to reach for him but the forceful paranormal ocean pushed me underwater. I was running out of air, quickly. Then, I woke up. I looked around and realized I was still on the plane.

"We're landing soon" My mom said.

I realized I had been asleep this whole flight. I was dreaming.

"Mom, I'm dating Mattia" I said.

Her face lit up, so did Gianna's.

"Yes!!!" They both said.
"You remembered! He was so upset, Luna" My mom said.
"I feel so bad..." I said.
"It's not your fault" I said.
"Yes it is. We fought the night before my crash and so I left that morning to get away from him because I was mad. If I was a good girlfriend and didn't fight with him none of this would have happened!" I said and a tear rolled down my face.
"The crash was not your fault. It is a reckless and probably drunk driver's fault" My mom said wiping my tears off of my face.
"I can't believe I forgot Mattia..." I said and all of my tears that I was trying to hold back started streaming down my face.
"You have a horrible concussion, Luna. You hit your head at high impact, it is not your fault" My mom said.

I kept crying and the plane landed. We got off then got our bags at baggage claim. My mom ordered an Uber and we all went home. The drive wasn't too long, sooner than later we were home.

"Luna, who's house is that?" My mom asked as we drove by Mattia's.
"It's Mattia's" I said.
"Good" My mom said.

We got out of the Uber and walked inside. My mom took my bag upstairs into my room since I still felt pretty weak.

"Thank you, mom" I said and she smiled then shut my door as she left.

I sat down onto my bed and facetimed Mattia. He picked up after a few rings.

"Hey" Mattia said, you could tell he was exhausted.

Mattia turned off the light and got into the bed.

"Are you sleeping?" I asked.
"I was just about to" Mattia said.
"Oh I'm sorry, I forgot about the time difference" I said.
"Yeah, why'd you call?" Mattia asked.
"Mattia I had this crazy dream on the plane"
I said.
"Oh really?" He asked.
"Yes. We were driving in your Tesla on the beach. Literally on the sand then I lost my promise ring" I said.

Right when I said promise ring Mattia's face instantly lit up.

"Then I tried to find it but the ocean was literally drowning me and you couldn't save me. Then you kissed me and I told you I loved you. Then I woke up and remembered everything between us. Mattia I'm so sorry. I'll never forgive myself for forgetting us. I'm sorry I fought with you, if I didn't and would just have been a better girlfriend none of this would have happened" I said, crying again.
"Luna... Don't ever say you are a bad girlfriend. You're the most perfect girl on this world. Don't say perfect isn't real or any of that shit because it is real, it's you. Luna it's okay, none of this is your fault. I love you so much, I'll be back in Jersey soon, mamas" Mattia said.

I fiddled with my promise ring that was on my ring finger.

"I love you, Mattia" I said.
"Go to sleep, you need the rest" He said.
"Okay" I said and turned off my lights.
"I'll talk to you soon, Lulu" Mattia said.
"Wait, don't hang up" I said laying down.
"Okay" Mattia said.
"Goodnight" I said.
"Night mamas" Mattia said.

I smiled then we both fell asleep on facetime.