a mess at lunch (part 23)

My dad pulled up to this restaurant. We all got out of the car and walked inside. The restaurant was actually very cute and casual.
"Table for 3 please," My dad asked the waiter.
"Okay sir follow me," The waiter said.

We all followed the waiter to a table for 3 and we all sat down.

"So Luna, how was your tour?" My dad asked.
"It was great. I loved the campus and the general vibe of the college," I said.
"I'm so happy for you," My dad said smiling.
"Thanks," I said smiling back.

Wow, my dad was actually not being an asshole for once. This is nice. We all ordered our drinks and food.

"Is your sister here?" My dad asked.
"Not yet. She is actually flying out tomorrow, she had to go register at the community college back home today. She's going back to college!" I said.
"Aw, that's great," My dad said.
"Yeah," I said.
"Funny how she is going to community college and you are going to an ivy league college..." Jill said.
"How so?" I asked.
"I mean it's just a weird contrast, that's all," Jill said.
"Not really. We both aren't meant for the same path in life. She just got out of rehab, community college is what feels right to her because it's not too overwhelming. There's nothing wrong with that, it doesn't mean she's anything less than I am," I said defensively.
"Okay okay Luna, let's just calm down a bit Jill didn't mean it like that..." My dad said.
"Whatever," I scoffed.

Our food came and my dad said,
"So Luna I actually was meaning to tell you something,"
"What is it?" I asked.
"I want you and your sister to live with me part time," He said.

I almost choked on my food. This man cannot be serious. He expects me to want to live with him after he messed up my family, my mental health and made me jump out of a car, no just no.

"Uhhh..." I said.
"I know it's a lot to think about but I really want you to consider it..." He said.
"You live in another town though, what about school?" I asked.
"We can figure all the details out later," My dad said.
"Oh okay," I said.
"Think on it Luna," My dad said.
"We would love to have you," Jill said.
"I'm sure," I said sarcastically yet smiling.
"What are your plans for tomorrow?" My dad asked.
"Mattia and I are going to the beach," I said.
"Oh. You do spend a lot of time with Mattia don't you?" My dad said.
"Um yes? He's my boyfriend," I said.
"Your boyfriend? Don't let him drag you down in life," My dad said.
"What...?" I asked.
"He just seems like the type to hold you back from things. Like Stanford. Don't let him make you stay back in New Jersey for him," My dad said.
"Why would you think he's that type of guy... He literally is going to college here too... That's why he's out here on this trip. He got a scholarship to UCLA for soccer. I told you this," I said getting frustrated.
"Whatever you say..." My dad said.
"What your father is trying to say is don't let a relationship ruin anything for you," Jill said.
"You don't even know Mattia. You have no right to talk about my relationship," I said to Jill.
"Don't talk to Jill that way," My dad said.
"I literally just said-" I started to say.
"Don't start!" My dad cut me off.

The rest of the lunch was very awkward and tense. We all finished eating and my dad payed for our lunch. We all got back to the car. My dad and Jill are going to take me back to my hotel. A 5 hour drive stuck in a car with my dad and Jill. I can't wait... I got in the car and put my airpods in and listened to music. I haven't checked my phone since the car ride with my mom this morning so I decided to check my notifications and see what I missed.
I had a lot of texts from Mattia.

m❤️🤞:
how was your tour?

m❤️🤞:
why is your mom back before you? where are you?

me:
ugh i'll tell you later. i'm okay though don't worry, my tour was great :)

Mattia texted back almost immediately and said,

m❤️🤞:
how are you getting back to the hotel?

me:
how was your tour? did you like ucla?

m❤️🤞:
it was good. i loved it. the sports facilities were sick

me:
aww i'm glad :))

m❤️🤞:
luna fr are you safe? where are you?

me:
with my dad...

m❤️🤞:
what?!

me:
i know :/

m❤️🤞:
i'm sorry baby. you'll be back tonight right?

me:
oh yeah don't worry. i should be back in like 3 or 2 hours

m❤️🤞:
okay can't wait to see you. i love you

me:
i love you too mattia

I ended up falling asleep for the majority of the car ride. I suddenly woke up and we were at a gas station. My dad was filling up the car and Jill looked back at me.

"I know you aren't excited about living with your dad. Believe me I'm not either," Jill said.
"What?" I asked.
"Cut the crap. I know you don't like me and personally I'm not a fan of you either so if you do end up having to live in my house why don't we agree to keep our distance," Jill said.

I let out a laugh and Jill glared at me and said,
"I don't see what's so funny,"
"You are literally like 40 and have beef with a 16 year old that's fucked up. I didn't do shit to you. You're the one who fucked up my family," I said.

Jill didn't have a comeback for that one so she just snarled at me and I rolled my eyes. Jill finally came up with something do say.
"Looks like someone's not dressed like a slut today," She said.
"You make me sick. What benefits you from picking on a 16 year old. I genuinely don't understand you. How am I the mature one in this situation?" I asked keeping myself calm.

Jill was about to say something then my dad got in the car so she turned back around in her seat. I rolled my eyes and fell back asleep. I soon woke back up seeing my dad pulling up to my hotel.
"Luna will you let me know when Gianna is in California? I want to see both of you again," My dad said.
"Yes, I'll text you," I said gathering my stuff together.
"Thanks, Luna," My dad said.
"Bye, thank you for the ride back to my hotel. I appreciate it," I said.
"Of course honey," My dad said. 

I got out of his car and shut the door then walked into the hotel. I exhaled as i finally was free from my dad and Jills bad presence. I walked over to the elevators and went up to my floor. I arrived on my floor and walked down the hallway to my room. I rummaged through my bag and found the hotel key. I unlocked the hotel room and saw Mattia laying on our bed watching tv. I shut the door behind me and put my stuff down. I ran over to him and jumped on top of him. I wrapped my arms and legs around him giving him a tight hug. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head. I broke down and just started crying. I couldn't hold it in. With of the stress from my dad and the comments from Jill, I just couldn't contain my emotions. Mattia sat up, keeping me in his lap. Mattia lifted my face up and said,
"Baby... What's wrong?"
"M-m-my dad..." I said sobbing and leaning onto his chest.
Mattia got up and walked over to his suitcase and got out one of his hoodies. He set it down next to me then went to the bathroom. I took off my blouse and pants and threw them into my suitcase and put on Mattia's hoodie that was very oversized and comfortable. He came back with a washcloth and a bottle of water. He wiped my tears with the warm washcloth. It felt really nice. He got back in the bed and put me in his lap again and handed me water then said,
"Talk to me, Luna. What's going on?"
"My dad just showed up at my tour and my mom was like, 'you are gonna go to lunch with him and Jill and then he's gonna take you back to your hotel' then i had lunch with him and he said he wants me to live with him part time, then he was saying stuff about you dragging me down and then on the way back Jill was being a bitch," I said quickly.
Mattia ran his fingers through my hair and said,
"You don't have to live with him, Luna,"
"I don't think it's that easy... I just don't want him back in my life..." I said softly.
"I wish it was. I'm sorry Luna. I'm always here for you though and I hate seeing you like this baby," Mattia said hugging me tightly.