"sleeping" (part 84)

(luna's pov)
there mattia was sleeping. he was just sleeping?

"what?" i said.

everyone looked at me.

"he's just sleeping? he didn't just hook up with someone or anything? he's just there sleeping on that couch?" i asked.
"yeah" alvaro said nervously.
"well not exactly" alejandro said.
"what do you mean not exactly?" i asked walking over to mattia.

no one answered me. jeremiah was standing by the door and alvaro and alejandro looked at eachother. i sat down next to mattia and placed his head in my lap. his head just fell into my lap.

"he's heavy sleeping. he's drunk?" i asked.
"i mean sort of?" alvaro said.
"what do you mean...?" i asked.
"he took some shots" alejandro said.
"well and 2 xanax" alvaro said.
"WHAT?" i asked.
"he was just taking shots then some guy offered them to us and mattia said 'fuck it' and well yeah" alvaro said.
"are you dumb? are you stupid for letting him take xans that a random stranger gave him at a party? fucking idiots" i said looking down at mattia.
"mattia" i said.

no response.

"mattia" i said again.

he laid there still.

"how long has he been like this?" i asked.
"like an hour" alejandro said.
"an hour?!" i asked.

i shook mattia's head and said,

"mattia!"

no response.

i looked at jeremiah in fear and he said,

"check his pulse"

tears filled my eyes and jeremiah said,

"check his pulse!"

i did. i put my fingers up to his neck.

nothing.

i laid my head on his chest to hear his heart.

nothing.

i put two fingers on his wrist and still nothing.

"oh my god... he has no pulse!!! call 9 1 1" i said with tears rushing down my face.

i got up and tried to carry him. jeremiah quickly came over to me and picked up mattia with alejandro's help. they both rushed downstairs and went outside. alvaro had called 911 and the ambulance was already outside. i ran through the crowd and kairi stopped me,

"what happened?!" he asked.
"mattia overdosed" i said and continued to run outside.
"WHAT?!" Kairi said following me.

mattia was being put on a gurney and taken into the ambulance. i ran up to the ambulance and said,

"wait! can i please go with you? i'm his girlfriend, i just- i need to know if he's going to be okay" i said.
"yes" a lady said helping me up into the ambulance.

the rest of the boys followed the ambulance in their cars. EMTs rushed to put an IV in mattia and have him oxygen as we drove to the hospital. we eventually got there, it felt like the drive took forever. i got out of the ambulance and the EMTs carried mattia out and brought him inside. i followed them. they rushed him into a hospital room and i attempted to follow them.

"i'm sorry but you'll have to stay in the waiting room. we can't have you in her yet" an EMT said.
"no i need to be there, i- he- i need to be there next to him, i can't stand out here, please-" i said sobbing as jeremiah came up behind me and pulled me away.
"no stop, jeremiah, please" i cried.

he put his arm around me to ensure i wouldn't try and run back to mattia, as we walked to the waiting room. he sat me down then sat down next to me. alejandro, kairi and alvaro sat across from us. i slowly rocked back and forth as i stared into oblivion. my dress was covered in mascara stains and tear drops. i sat on my hands because the hospital was so cold. jeremiah noticed and put his large jacket over my shoulders. i nodded at him in a way to say thank you.

"his parents..." i whispered, "oh my god his parents!" i said.

i picked up my phone and called mrs. polibio.  she answered almost immediately.

"hi luna!" she said cheerfully.
"i'm so sorry for this news but mattia is in the hospital. we're in lavalette at the lava hospital" i said.

telling mattia's own mother that her son is in the hospital absolutely broke my heart.

"what... luna, my son is in the hospital? how. w-what happened?" she asked.
"i wasn't really there but i believe that he overdosed or was laced..." i said.
"oh my lord... mattia..." she sighed, "okay well i'm on my way" she said and hung up.

i sighed and put my head in my hands. soon celeste, blaire, derek, mike, valleyk, dani and troy rushed into the waiting room.

"what happened?!" they all said in unison.

i genuinely couldn't form a sentence.

"um, mattia, he took 2 xans and was unresponsive..." jeremiah said.

more tears fell onto my thighs. everyone was in absolute shock. we all remained silent and the others who just arrived sat down. we waited about 30 minutes. i was still silent. jeremiah rubbed my back trying to make me feel better. i broke down yet again. jeremiah scooted closer to me and wrapped his arms around me. i rested my head on his chest.

"stay strong for mattia. you'll get through this, it's going to be okay" jeremiah said as he held me.
"what it's not going to be okay?" i mumbled into his shirt.