groceries (part 63)

I pulled out of Caleb's driveway and my mom texted me.

mamá🤍:
I have to work late tonight, more clients need me. Can you run by the grocery store soon. I want to get snacks and food for our trip.

me:
yes of course

mamá🤍:
Thank you. Here is the list:

My mom then sent me the list and I drove off to the grocery store. I was kind of dreading going back home, I knew Mattia saw Caleb and honestly I don't know how he's going to react. I pulled up to the grocery store, yup, the same one Caleb and I would always go to. What am I even thinking? He's getting in my head. Anyways, I walked inside and grabbed a cart. I got everything my mom asked me to get. She also said I can get stuff for myself and Mattia for the room we will be in and the plane. I got takis, sour patch kids, and lays. Then I got Mattia's favorite snacks. I checked out then started to walk towards my car. I saw Noah in the parking lot with some of his football friends.

(an: yess i did bring in another character from the older/first few chapters hehe. if you forgot noah he is a football player and he was all up on luna at a party and she went off on him at the mall, i hope this helped if you forgot i'm rlly sorry!)

I tried my best to avoid eye contact, yet somehow he still managed to notice me.

"I'll catch up with you guys" I heard him say.

Fuck, fuck, fuck. Why are these two guys all of a sudden making an appearance in my life again. Why now?!

"Luna!!" I heard Noah say from behind me.
"Noah" I said unenthusiastically.
"Let me help you" He said trying to grab a bag from my hands.
"No thanks" I said as I walked up to my car.
"So what are you doing here?" He asked.
"It's a grocery store... What do you think I'm doing?" I asked.
"Oh. Um yeah" He stuttered.

I got my keys out and tried to open the trunk but I had too many bags in my arms. Noah opened the trunk for me and I set my bags down in the trunk.

"Thanks..." I said.
"Of course" He said.
"So, can I help you?" I asked shutting the trunk.
"Oh me and the boys were just getting stuff for tonight" He said.
"Okay" I said completely uninterested.
"Yeah we're having a little chiller get together thing" Noah said obviously trying to get me to go, or at least implying that.
"Okay" I said, again, not interested.
"You should come by" Noah said.
"No thank you, I need to go" I said.
"Damn. Why not though?" Noah said walking closer to me.

I tried to open my car door but he leaned against the drivers door.

"Noah can you please move?" I asked.
"Chill out" He laughed, "But really why don't you wanna come over? I'm hurt" Noah said.
"I don't like you" I said forwardly.
"Damn, Luna. I see how it is" Noah said.
"Yeah, move" I said.
"God you're so uptight. I can't imagine how your little boyfriend could possibly deal with you, honestly" Noah said.
"Well honestly you can't really talk. You're like 5'7" so who's really the little one, Noah?" I heard someone from behind me say as they put their hand around my waist and pulled me closer to them.

Mattia. I turned around and I knew it was him. I exhaled knowing I was safe now that Mattia was here. Noah looked up at Mattia and looked scared honestly. It was pathetic but so amusing.

"Uh- so I'll see you tonight?" Noah said.
"Yeah right" I rolled my eyes.

Mattia stepped infront of me and said,

"So you're gonna let Luna get in her car now, right?" Mattia said getting up in Noah's face.

Noah literally ran off and ran into the store. Mattia smirked then grabbed both of my hands.