isabella (part 11)

I just got out of my fourth period class and I went to go tell Mattia that I got another 100% on an algebra test. Last night he came over to help me study. I walked over to his locker and I saw him standing with this girl. She was taller than me. But I'm pretty short so I'm not surprised. Even Alvaro is taller than me. She had blonde hair, medium length and blue eyes. I guess her locker was next to his or something. They were both laughing and smiling. I turned around with my test and went to the lunch table to find the boys. I was practically pissed. I know I shouldn't really be because I don't even know if Mattia and I are official or what we even are! Also they were just talking to each other I can't ban him from talking to girls. I just couldn't help myself, I always have been such a jealous person. It's a bad trait of mine. I sat down aggressively at our lunch table.
"Who's she?" I asked them immediately.
"What?" They all said.
"Who is the blonde?" I asked them.

They all looked confused for a second until their faces lit up and they realized who I was talking about.

"Ohh Izzy!" Kairi said.
"Izzy?" I said with a look of disgust.
"Her name is Isabella and she just moved here from California. She is the soccer team manager. She's so chill," Alvaro said.

I nodded then said,
"So. Uh. What's Mattia doing with her?"
"He offered to show her around the school. He is helping her find her locker right now then they are gonna come sit with us," Alejandro said.
"Why," I said.
"Cause she's new and needs somewhere to sit. We are being nice," Kairi said.
"Izzy!" Alvaro said gesturing her over to our table.

I turned around to see her and Mattia walking over to our table.
"Izzy, this is Lu-" Alvaro started to introduce me as her and Mattia sat down. I instantly got up and walked away.

(Mattia's POV)
I sat down next to Luna at our lunch table. Alvaro introduces Isabella to Luna but Luna got up and walked away.

"What was that about? Is she okay?" I asked.
"She's good. I think. I don't know honestly," Alejandro told me.

I looked down at the table and saw a math test. Luna had a math test today. She was probably going to show me it... I picked up her test and saw that she got a 100%. I smiled and put it in my bag.

"Thanks for showing me around," Isabella told me.
"Oh yeah no problem," I said.
"Do you all wanna get food after practice?" Isabella asked all of us.
"Yeah," Kairi said.
"Yeah that sounds fun," Alvaro said.
"Sure," Alejandro and I both said.

(Back to Luna's pov)
I walked to the gym and got a volleyball out from the ball cart. I started spiking it against the wall. I tend to do this when I get mad. I was taking out all my anger on this ball. I was spiking so hard my shoulder started to hurt. I fell bad, I don't really have a right to be mad but I just am. I kept spiking the ball. The first bell rang. I didn't even realize how long I had been hitting the ball for. I threw the ball back in the cart and walked to class. I sat down in my English class and noticed that we had a sub. I got out other homework and started to do that. The second bell rang and Alejandro sat down next to me.
"Hey Lu," He said.
"Hi Ale," I said.
"Are you good?" He asked.
"Umm. I think so," I replied.
"Why'd you storm off at lunch?" He asked.
"I don't know," I told him.
"Luna talk to me. I know you aren't okay," Alejandro insisted.
"Fine. It's just that I was walking to Mattia's locker to show him something and I saw him with that girl and I got jealous. I know I shouldn't be but I can't help it!" I told him.
"I get it. I'm not gonna tell you to chill or anything cause I get why you would be jealous. But Mattia is literally obsessed with you. Not Isabella or any other girl. But also if he saw you with another guy that wasn't us he probably would've done the same thing or worse," Alejandro said laughing.

I smiled and gave him a hug,
"Thanks Ale, that made me feel better," I told him.
"Anytime," he smiled.

I looked on my phone and read the notifications from the group chat.

gang💜
kairi🤓💞: Luna do you wanna come w us and Izzy to eat after practice?

me: um ig.

I really did not want to go do that. But I also didn't want her to try anything with Mattia when I'm not there... She could be nice, maybe...

The rest of the day went by surprisingly fast. I went to the gym. I couldn't practice still because of my wrist but I wanted to see Jade for a bit. I headed into the girls locker room. I walked over to Jade and sat down. She smiled at me and said,
"Hey Luna, what's up?"
"Hey Jade, do you know who Isabella is?"
"No, why?" She asked.
"She's this new girl who is the team manager or something on the soccer team. The guys are friends with her or something," I said.
"Oh... really?" She asked.
"Yeah. I saw her and Mattia at her locker and they were all giggly and shit. It made me jealous but I'm just being dramatic," I said.
"I get it. I'm hella jealous too. But just trust Mattia. I know he loves you," Jade told me.
"Yeah... Thanks Jade," I said walking out to the gym.

"Oh Luna!" My coach said.
"Hey coach!" I said walking over to her.
"I have this for you," She said handing me a folder that said Stanford University Athletics & Information.
"Oh wow! Thank you!" I said.
"Will you do me a favor?" She asked.
"Of course," I told her.
"Can you go get our water cooler? It says 'Varsity Volleyball' it's out on the soccer field," My coach said.
"Yes of course. I'll be right back," I told her walking out of the gym.

I put Mattia's grey sweatshirt on since it was cold outside and tucked the Stanford folder under my arm. I walked out to the field and I walked up to the coach. the boys were warming up.
"Hi, I came to get the Varsity Volleyball water cooler," I said.
"Oh yes we have it, Isabella will you get that for her?" the soccer coach asked her.
She ran off somewhere to go get it so I took a seat on the bleachers and watched Mattia. I can't even remotely be mad at this boy. There's just something about him. I started to look through the Stanford folder.

"Water break!" I heard the soccer coach yell.

All of the boys started running over to the bleachers where their water was. Mattia walked up the bleachers and sat next to me.
"What are you doing here?" He asked.
"I have to get the water cooler for volleyball," I told him.
"Oh nice. I haven't seen you all day," he said seeming sad.
"I know..." I said looking down.
"Hey Luna!" Alvaro, Alejandro and Kari said.
I smiled at them, waved and said,
"Hey!!"
Isabella started walking back over with the water cooler. I went to go grab it for her but she spilled it all over me!
"Oh my god," I said.
"Oh no! I'm so sorry," Isabella said putting the water cooler down.

I looked down at my Stanford folder. I flipped through all the pages. It was all drenched.

"Shit!" I said.
"Luna I'm sorry. You can always get another folder..." Isabella said.

"It's whatever..." I mumbled and I took the water cooler and walked off. I filled it back up on my way to the gym. I walked into the gym and set it down where It normally goes then I grabbed my bag and left. I walked past the soccer field again and looked at Mattia. He looked back at me. Then I walked to my car. Right when I got in my car I immediately started to cry. I leaned my head against the steering wheel and just broke down.

(Authors Note: Omg tysm for 600 reads!!! AAHHHH❤️❤️)