betrayal (part 20)

-next wednesday-
(Luna's Pov)

School had ended and I was walking past the field to my car. The boys had practice today. I walked behind the bleachers and accidentally dropped my phone. I bent over to grab my phone and I heard Isabella's annoying voice. I got up and looked through the bleachers and saw Mattia and Isabella kissing?! I could feel tears already flooding my eyes. I ran to my car immediately.

(Mattia's pov)
I was all ready for practice so I walked out onto the field. I was the first one ready. I saw Isabella filling up our water cooler. I put my stuff on the bleachers and I heard Isabella say,
"Can we talk?"

I looked over at her and said,
"I guess so..."

She walked over to me and said,
"I know it seems like I'm into Kairi but ever since I saw you I had feelings. I know you're with Luna or whatever but I don't care, I just have been wanting to do this-" She said then cutting herself off to kiss me.

I was in shock for a few seconds then immediately pushed her off of me.
"What the fuck? Isabella I'm sorry but I love Luna. That's my girl. I don't like you," I told her.

"Whatever Mattia," Isabella said grinning and walking away.

From the corner of my eye I saw someone run by. I turned around and watch Luna run away quickly. Oh my god... Luna! Did she see that?

(Luna's Pov)
I got into my car and immediately drove home. I walked up to my room and saw my open suitcase. I just remembered that I have to go to California tomorrow... With MATTIA! I sighed then finished packing. I zipped my suit case then hopped in the shower. I took a quick shower then put on one of my own hoodies and sweatpants. I laid in my bed and started to cry. I can't believe Mattia. It hurts even more that he kissed Isabella. Out of everyone?! Her?! I was crying so hard I could hardly breathe. First our whole friend group was messed up. All of us are on bad terms with Kairi. Now Mattia kissing Isabella. I can't believe my own boyfriend and best friend would do that to me. I eventually caught my breath then I buried my head into my pillow, covered myself with blankets and fell asleep.

"Luna!!! Your phone has been ringing non-stop! Please turn it off, it's getting  annoying!" I heard my mom yell from her room. 

"Sorry!" I yelled.
That woke me up... I picked up my phone and turned the ringer off. I checked the time, I had been asleep for 5 hours. It's 9:30pm now. I had 10 missed calls and 23 texts from Mattia. Okay that's kinda creepy not gonna lie... I read all the texts from him.

m❤️🤞:
did you see that?

m❤️🤞:
it's not what it looks like.

m❤️🤞:
she kissed me

m❤️🤞:
i would not kiss that fake ass bitch. luna you know i wouldn't

m❤️🤞:
are you okay?

m❤️🤞:
can we please talk about this?

m❤️🤞:
i love you

I turned my phone off, drank some water then went right back to sleep.

-Thursday morning-
My mom woke me up at 8am.
"We have to leave for the airport soon. We're going to the airport in an Uber with the Polibio's," My mom said.

I got up and realized what she just had said. I'm going to California with Mattia for a whole week. At least I'm going to San Francisco first. I got all my bags, changed into sweatpants and my Stanford hoodie and went downstairs. An Uber pulled up to the front of our house and I walked outside with my mom. I put my stuff in the trunk and got in the very back of the Uber with Mattia.
"Good morning," Mattia said and smiled.

I didn't say anything back to him and I just put my seatbelt on. I leaned my head against the window and I felt Mattia pull me over to him. I pushed myself out of his arms and scooted back over to my seat.
I leaned my head on the window and fell asleep to avoid Mattia. My mom woke me up and I got out of the car. I thanked our driver and saw Mattia holding my luggage. I put my backpack on and followed everyone into the airport. I was half asleep so everything was a blur but we checked our bags, went through security and walked to our gate. We boarded the plane, I got a window seat and Mattia's seat was next to me. Once I the plane took off Mattia looked at me and said,
"Luna, can we actually talk?"
"Sure," I said.

Mattia looked surprised that I actually answered.

"I didn't kiss Isabella," He said.
"Ok," I said looking out the window.
"Luna-" He started to say.
"Mattia you obviously did. I'm not stupid. I don't wanna talk to you! Out of everyone her? Ugh forget it," I said getting up and walking to the bathroom.

I was waiting in the line for the bathroom and an elderly lady walked up behind me and said,
"Boy problems?"
"Yes," I said laughing a little bit, trying to hold back my tears.
"I have been talking to boys for 60 years. They are stupid at times but you can tell when they love you. They fight and don't let you go. Hear the guy out. Let him talk, might be worth it. He's very handsome..." The elderly lady told me.
"He is handsome... I'll talk it out with him. Thank you for the advice!" I said smiling then walking into the bathroom.

I locked the bathroom door. That woman was right. I needed to give Mattia a chance to talk. Ignoring him and cutting him off isn't going to help anything. I used the bathroom, washed my hands and wiped away my tears. I walked out of the bathroom and smiled at the old woman. I walked back to my seat, sat down and looked at Mattia. He looked really upset. I didn't want to make him upset. That's the last thing I wanted to do.

"Talk to me Mattia," I said.

His face lit up.

"Isabella told me she actually likes me and not Kairi. Before I could even say anything she just threw herself onto me and kissed me. I pushed her off and when I did I saw you running. I think you only saw the kiss or something. I promise I did push her off of me! I would never do that to you and-" Mattia said rambling nervously.
"Shhh. I believe you," I said putting my hand on his bicep.
"Thank you. I was so scared I though you were gonna break up with me. I was so sad Luna-" Mattia said still nervously ranting.
"Tia... I wouldn't leave you. I was hurt obviously but it's okay now... We're going to California! It's gonna be nothing but good weather and happy times," I said laying my head on his chest.
"I'm sorry baby," He said kissing my head.
"It's alright my love," I said leaning up to give him a kiss.

Even after just one day, I missed his lips.