where did he go? (part 80)

it was the day after the party. i just woke up and mattia was not next to me. last time he was downstairs with cynthia on the couch, i can't wait to see how how things plays out this time. i went downstairs and kairi was sleeping on the large couch. blaire and alejandro were out at the pool along with celeste and troy. the house was surprisingly not a mess from last night. i sat down next to kairi's sleeping body and put a blanket over myself. i turned on the tv in the living room and turned on grey's anatomy.

"what are we watching?" i heard kairi say as he sat up.
"grey's" i said.
"ah nice" kairi said.
"you hungover?" i asked.
"not really" he said.
"where's mattia?" i asked.
"he left" kairi said.
"left?" i asked, "where did he go?"
"i'm not sure" kairi said.

i sighed and checked my phone, there were no texts from mattia. i decided to call him. the phone went to voice mail.

"i'm sorry, luna" kairi said.
"it's alright. he was being an ass last night" i told kairi.
"it's the alcohol, he wouldn't mean to hurt you" kairi said.
"drunk actions are sober thoughts..." i said.

kairi looked at me for a while then i got up. i went up to my room and put my bikini on. i walked back downstairs and said,

"i'm gonna go swimming" i told kairi.
"wait up!" he said as he ran up to his room.

he came back down in his swim trunks and we both walked out to the pool. celeste was being her usual stoner self and smoking a blunt. troy was sitting next to her. blaire and alejandro were play fighting in the pool. i laid on a pool chair and tanned while kairi jumped into the pool. kairi splashed me, i sat up and laughed. i jumped in the pool and swam around with kairi. he pulled my legs, pulling me underwater. i screamed then yanked him down with me. we both came up for air and laughed. the back gate opened and mattia walked in. kairi splashed me but i stopped and stared at mattia. he looked rough, his eye bags were dark and puffy, he was wearing his clothes from yesterday and his hair was a fluffy mess. he walked straight inside. i watched him then looked back at kairi. we were both confused.

(an: sorry for the short chapters i'm trying to get used to writing again, anyways where do you think mattia was??)