recruited (part 6)

It was Monday morning and it was time to go back to school. I got ready and put on black leggings and a white cropped hoodie. I threw my hair into a messy bun and pulled out small pieces of hair. I sprayed perfume on me and put on deodorant. I just curled my eyelashes and put on eyebrow gel. Nothing much cause I had practice after school. I walked downstairs with my volleyball bag and my school backpack and then quickly ate cereal. Every Monday I picked up Alvaro and drove him to school. There used to be a reason but I forgot and it just became a tradition. I walked into my garage, opened the garage door pulled my car out, shut the garage door and drove to Alvaro's. He was already waiting my his front door for me. I pulled up to his house and he got in the passenger seat.
"Morning." I said.
"What's up?" He said putting his seatbelt on.
"Not much. You ready for school this week?" I asked.
"Yeah!" He said excitedly.
"For real?" I asked driving.
"Yeah I actually like school. I get to chill with my friends do some work then go to soccer practice. It's not that bad." He told me.
"You are so positive for a Monday morning. Wow. I could never." I said laughing.
"Life's to short to be negative." Alvaro said.
"That deep. But you've got a point." I said.
"Luna tell me what happened in that store with Mattia." He said laughing.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Don't play dumb Luna. I know sum went down." Alvaro said.

I told him that Mattia and I made out he was surprised but also had that look on his face that said, 'I knew it'.

"Damnnnn, I knew it. How do you feel about him?" He said
"Ugh. I don't know Alvaro. I'm so confused. Like I keep saying, I don't wanna ruin the friendship" I said pulling into the school parking lot.
"You won't. You have known Mattia for so long. It will be okay everything will work itself out if it's meant to be" Alvaro said as we both got out of my car.

He always knew exactly what to say. I gave him a hug and we walked into school together. We met up with the boys by my locker before the bell rang. Mattia came up to me and gave me a hug. I hugged him back giving him a tight squeeze. He leaned against my locker and said,
"You look cute today"
I blushed and said,
"Stop I literally just threw this on"
"You make anything work" He said smiling then turning around facing the boys again.

Mattia Polibio you are so god damn confusing! The bell rang and I walked to my first period class. The rest of the school day went by surprisingly quick. The next thing I knew it was practice time.

I walked into the girls locker room and put my school bag in my locker and changed into my practice shirt and my nike pro spandex. Jade put her stuff down next to me and smiled at me. Jade was my girl best friend. We have been playing volleyball together forever. We both play on varsity for our high school and during the spring we play club volleyball together. She was so pretty and so kind. She had long, silky, straight black hair, the most perfect eyebrows and icy blue eyes. Her and Alejandro have been talking for about a month now!
"Hey!" I said to Jade.
"Hey how was your weekend?" She asked.
"It was good! But also bad but mostly good." I said laughing.
"How come?" She said putting her volleyball shoes on.

I explained to her what happened the party and the mall then making out with Mattia. She looked shocked.

"I'm so sorry Luna. Noah is a douche bag. Please don't let that get to you. You deserve better" She said reassuring me.
"Thank you Jade. I put him in his place. Don't worry." I said smirking.
"But let's talk about Mattia... Oooooo" Jade said raising her eyebrows and smiling.
"I'm so confused! We've been clingy to eachother. Like cuddling and stuff. I don't even know what to think of it!" I told her putting my knee pads and shoes on.
"Do you have feelings for him?" She asked.
"I'm not sure. I feel a spark... But i'm just concerned about our friendship! I don't want anything to change if we get into a relationship. I don't want to make it awkward for the rest of the boys. I'm just so confused" I said sighing.
"I understand. Feelings are complicated but you two are mature and will figure it out. I know you will and I'm always here to talk." She said smiling at me.
"Thank you, I love you" I said.
"Love you too girl" Jade said and we both walked out to the court.