late night drives (part 9)

"I'm so in love with you Luna," Mattia said looking into my eyes.
"Really?" I said in shock.
"How could I not be. You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. You are the sweetest person in the world and you always put everyone first. Luna I can't even begin to imagine my life without you or who I would be" Mattia said.
"W-what about our friendship. If we get together I don't want us to break up and have all of this ruined. I don't want to break your heart. I don't want this to make it weird between all of the boys and us" I said sadly looking down.
"Don't think about that or the future so much. Don't be negative. We don't know what will happen but our bond is so strong Luna. Nothing can break 16 years of friendship, especially between us. We have been through so much together we can get through anything. Even you told me this when I was upset about UCLA" He told me.
"You're right..." I said looking back at him.
"I know," He said laughing.
I laughed too then said, "So what are we?"
"Why don't we just take things slow for now, just roll with the flow and see where things go?" Mattia said.
"Okay," I said nodding and smiling.
"Let's go for a drive," Mattia said smiling.
"It's almost 11 Mattia," I laughed.
"So?" He said getting up.
"We have school tomorrow!" I said.
"You're no fun," Mattia said rolling his eyes.
"How dare you. Let's go!" I said laughing.

I got up and walked over to my closet and put on Mattia's grey thrasher hoodie.

"Oh so that's where that went," Mattia said laughing.
"Sorryyyy," I said laughing putting on my shoes.
"It's okay. It looks better on you anyways," He told me.
I blushed and put my arms up for him to lift me up from the ground. He grabbed my hands and pulled me up then we walked downstairs. My mom was already asleep so we just left. Mattia grabbed his car keys and opened the passenger door for me.
"Aw thank you Mattia," I said getting into the car.
"Of course," He said carefully shutting the door and getting in the drivers seat.

He plugged in the aux cord to his phone and then he started playing "20 min" by Lil Uzi Vert. I started singing along to the song. Mattia started to drive. We both were singing and laughing together as we drove in the dark. We have been driving for about 15 minutes until we pull up to this bridge that Mattia and I found when we were on a bike ride when we were 10 years old. I looked at him and smiled. Him and I haven't been here in a while. This is where he took me when Caleb broke my heart at that party sophomore year. He rolled down the windows, letting the cool breeze rush into the car. It felt so nice. He blasted the music and leaned his seat back. I closed my eyes for a few minutes just letting all my stress go. I felt Mattia's hand on my thigh and I looked over at him. He looked at me up and down. It was so hot when he did that. I turned my body towards him, put my hand behind his neck and slowly leaning in, kissing him. He kissed me back passionately. I got into his lap, facing him and started intensely making out with him. He sat up and slid his hands onto my waist. I put my hands in his hair and bit his lip. He slid his hands down, grabbing my ass. I made my way down to his neck giving him hickeys. I made my way back to his lips, kissing him again. Our tongues practically intertwined. We were rudely interrupted by Mattia's phone ringing. It was Alejandro. He looked at me with apology. I shifted my body a little bit, leaning up against his chest. He unplugged the aux from his phone and picked up the phone.
"Hey," Mattia said to Alejandro.
"Is that all you had to say?" Mattia said.
"Bro you could've texted. But yeah i'll send you the homework," Mattia said.
"No I can't play Fifa right now..." Mattia said annoyed.
"I'm busy," Mattia said.
"Shut up. Bye ale," Mattia said laughing then hanging up.
Mattia plugged his phone back into the aux cord and "Nights" by Frank Ocean started playing. I looked at him and smiled. He put both his arms over my shoulders and I held onto them.
"Remember we played this when we were here sophomore year?" I asked him.
"Of course I do," He said kissing my head.

I blushed hard.

"Everyday patches the night up," I sang along to the song.

(Author's note: If u can't tell i love Frank Ocean haha)

I turned my body again to get comfortable. Mattia opened his arms so I could move and then I laid my head against his chest and he wrapped both of his arms around me.
"You are so warm" I said, my voice was slightly muffled because my head was practically in his chest.

He laughed softly and played with my hair. 

"So, what do you think about going to Stanford?" Mattia asked me.
"I'm just still in shock," I told him.
"Do you think you will go there?" He asked.
"Oh probably. It's such a good school and they actually want me," I told him.
"Who wouldn't want you," He said.

I laughed and smiled up at him. He picked up his phone and sat up a little, still holding onto me with one arm.
"It's almost 1am. We should probably get back now," Mattia told me.
"I'm gonna be so tired tomorrow," I said getting back into the passenger seat.

Mattia laughed and said,
"I'll pick you up tomorrow and get you coffee,"
"Really?!" I said smiling.
"Yes!" He said laughing.
"Thank you!!!" I said.

Mattia rolled up the back windows and turned the car around. We started driving back towards our houses.

"This was really fun, thank you for making my night so much better. I really needed this," I told him.
"I had fun too. Anything for you Luna," He told me.

He eventually pulled up to my house. I kissed him and said,
"Do you want your hoodie back?"
"Nope," He said smiling.
"Thanks. Also thank you for being there for me and caring for me. You don't know how much it means to me," I told him opening the car door.
"You come first, Luna," Mattia said smiling.

(Author's Note: Omg thank you guys for almost 500 reads!!! That is so crazy to me🥺 I appreciate you all voting and commenting on my story! It means so much to me❤️❤️❤️)