run away (part 57)

I woke up at Celeste's and went on my phone until she woke up. Celeste woke up and said,
"Good morning"
"Morning!" I said.
"My mom has work early Sunday morning but she might've made breakfast before she left" Celeste said getting up.
"Okay!" I said and followed Celeste to the kitchen.

There were chocolate chip pancakes covered on the table. Celeste and I sat down and ate together.

"Your mom is a really good cook" I said.
"You should try her Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, hella good" Celeste said.
"You'll have to bring me leftovers this year" I said.
"Bitchhh you know I will" She said.
"Thank you!" I said.

We finished eating then I said,
"I should probably get going"
"Okay" Celeste said.

I grabbed my stuff and Celeste and I walked to her door. I gave her a hug and said,
"Thank you so much for having me, also tell your mom I said goodbye and thank you"
"Of course, you are welcome anytime, seriously" Celeste said.
"Bye!" I said and walked to my car.
"Bye!" Celeste said.

I drove home. I pulled into the garage, the boys car's were still at Mattia's. I walked inside and said,
"Hi mom" as I walked into the kitchen.
"Hi, how was your sleepover?" She asked.
"Super fun" I said.
"I'm glad" My mom said.

I went upstairs and into my room. I grabbed my backpack and I started to do my homework that's due tomorrow. My homework took me about an hour and a half but I was finally done. I decided to clean my room and then shower. After I finished showering it was around 6pm. I finished getting dressed and plopped onto my bed.

"...you know Luna's not going to go for that" I heard my mom sad.

I sat up in confusion and tried to listen to my mom.

"...you're taking me to court? for custody of Luna?" My mom asked.

My eyes instantly widened after hearing that. She was talking to my dad... I got up and got my small backpack and filled it with clothes and other necessities. Then I grabbed my school backpack and went downstairs and into the garage. I pulled my car out and impulsively drove to Celeste's. I know this is a horrible way to solve my problems but it's not like i'm running away forever. I pulled up into Celeste's driveway and knocked on her door.  She opened it soon after and said,

"Luna?"
"Can I please stay here?" I begged.
"Yes of course, but why? Are you okay?" She asked me.

I walked inside and Celeste's mom, Cleo walked up to me.

"Back so soon?" She asked.
"I was in my room and I heard my mom on the phone with my dad. He wants to take her to court to get custody of me, and I really really don't like him. He left me why would he want me again?" I said.
"Oh Luna..." Cleo said.
"You can stay here anytime" Celeste said.
"Yes you can, you're always welcome. I'm sorry, Celeste's father did a similar thing... I'm sure you two can relate to eachother. Have you had dinner?" Cleo asked me.
"No" I said.
"Let me make you two some dinner" Cleo said.

Celeste and I walked into her room and sat down on her bed. We didn't say anything, she just hugged me. It was honestly all I needed right now. My mind and thoughts were racing. I was beyond anxious. I would punch a wall right now like I always do but that's kind of dumb. Celeste turned on her TV and put on 'Euphoria'

"I know this is an older show but I was rewatching it" Celeste said.
"I love this show, you can keep it on.  Anything is fine with me" I said.

We watched TV and Celeste's mom brought in grilled cheeses with a pickle on the side for us.

"Thank you so much" Celeste and I said in sync.
"Enjoy" Cleo said and walked out.

We ate and binged more TV for a while then I heard my phone go off.

mamá🤍:
Where are you?