the big game (part 10)

It was Friday at 4pm. I went with the boys in Alejandro's car to the varsity volleyball game. I was so pissed I couldn't play. I probably shouldn't have jumped out of a car but Jill and my dad were being bitches. Jade asked Alejandro to come and I was going to ask Mattia but I'm not playing so I just came with them. We also brought Kairi and Alvaro. I sat in the back next to Mattia. I sat with my arms crossed, leaned my head against the side of the car and looked out the window.
"Last time Luna was in a car she broke her wrist," Kairi said.
Everyone laughed.
"Fuck you," I said jokingly.
"Woah chill," Kairi said laughing.
The boys were all singing a song and laughing. I was so upset. I just wanted to get on the court and play. I felt Mattia's arm wrap around me and pull me closer to him.
"What's wrong?" He asked me.
"Oh I just want to play in this game. I'm literally the caption," I sighed.
"I understand but you need to have your wrist recover," Mattia said.
"I guess" I said leaning onto his chest.

He had both of his arms around me until we pulled up to the school parking lot. We all got out of the car and walked into the gym. I saw this girls warming up and I sighed. Jade ran over to me.
"Oh my gosh is that what you told me about?" She asked touching my cast lightly.
"Yeah..." I said sadly.
"Aww I'm so sorry!" She said.
"I would do anything to play this game" I groaned.
"I know Luna" Jade said.
"Well anyways you should say hi to Alejandro" I told her.
"Oh yeah! I will!" She said and walked up to the bleachers.

(Alejandro's pov)
I sat down with the boys and I saw Jade walking towards me. I stood up and gave her a hug. She looked so good in spandex and her jersey.
"I'm so glad you came!" Jade told me.
"I wouldn't miss it" I told her.

She blushed, it was so cute.

"I have to go warm up. I'll talk to you after the game!" She said hugging me again and walking back onto the court.

"Good luck!" I said sitting back down.

(Back to Luna's pov)
I sat down next to Mattia and watched the girls warm up.
"I'll be right back I'm going to the bathroom," I said to the boys and walked to the bathrooms.

When I got out of the gym I walked into the girls locker room from another entrance. I quickly opened my locker and started to change into my spandex, my jersey, my shoes and knee pads. I threw my hair up into a ponytail then ran out to my coach.
"Luna!" My coach said with excitement.
"Can I please play?" I begged her.
She examined my wrist and looked back at me concerned,
"Luna what happened?"
"I jumped out of a car. But that's besides the point. I didn't even break the hand I hit with and you can sub me out to serve" I said.
"Luna I can't..." My coach said.
"Can I please play?" I said begging my coach.
She sighed and said,
"Well I suppose. But only for a little bit,"
I jumped up and down and said,
"Thank you so much!"
"Okay Luna now go. We are lining up for high fives," My coach told me.

We high fived the other team and then went back to coach. She told me my position and all of the other girls. We walked out to the court and Jade looked at me in confusion. I shrugged and smiled at her. I went up to the net.

(Mattia's pov)
I was talking with the boys as we waited for the game to start.
"Dude what's on your neck?" Kairi said squinting and examining my neck.
Shit. I forgot Luna gave me a hickey last night.
"Umm, what do you mean," I said trying to play it off but I could feel myself turning red.
"Yooo. That's definitely a hickey," Alvaro said.
"Luna is wildin," Alejandro said laughing.
"Shut up," I said laughing putting my hood up.
"Nah but for real are we gonna just ignore this?" Alvaro said.
"Yeah what's going on with you and Luna?" Kairi asked.
"Okay. Last night she told me she was in love with me," I said.

The boys eyes widened.

"What did you say?" Alejandro asked.
"I told her I loved her too," I said.
"Finally!" Alvaro said.
"Damn I knew it. I've saw this coming since like 8th grade bro," Kairi said.
"Are you guys dating now?" Alejandro asked.
"Honestly I don't know what we are. She said she is scared because she doesn't want to break up our friend group. She also thinks that if we get together it will make things awkward between all of us," I told the guys.
"Nah! It wouldn't we love you both nun will change that," Alvaro said.
"Exactly. It wouldn't be weird at all," Alejandro said.
"Yeah what they said," Kairi said
"Thanks guys. Love you too," I said.
"Where is Luna though?" Kairi asked.