the last game (part 51)

It was Friday and school just got out. I quickly walked to the locker room. Volleyball season was ending and today was our last game. My game started at 4pm. The boy's soccer season was ending today too. Their last game was at 6pm. Celeste, Angel and I are going to the boy's game. The boys told me that they are going to come to my game until they have to warm up for theirs. I changed into my uniform, volleyball shoes and knee pads. I ran out to the court and walked up to Jade.

"Are you ready?" I asked.
"So ready" She smiled.
"I can't believe the season is over" I said.
"Me either..." Jade said.
"Alright ladies warm up! You know the drill!" Our coach yelled.

We all ran 3 laps then we all did our stretches. We all met in the middle and discussed drills to do to warm up. We all started to do a warm up drill. The bleachers started to fill. This was an important game so a lot of the school came. I saw Celeste and Angel. I also saw my mom, Mattia's mom, his dad and his brother. I smiled at all of them and continued to warm up. We al got together with the coach and then shook hands with the other team. I saw Mattia,
Ale, Kai, Alvaro and even Dylan walk into the gym. They all sat by Angel and Celeste. I was a starter and got into my position. The other team had the first serve. The ball came  straight towards me. I passed it very nicely to the setter then my team hit the ball over. We got a point. It was our serve now and I was the first server. I did a jump serve and got an ace. I served again and the other team hit the ball back over. We hit the ball back and forth for a while until the other team spiked it down. The game was about half way through and we were tied with the other team. One team just had to score 2 more points to win... The other team attempted to hit the ball over but I jumped up and blocked it, giving us a point. The crowd roared.
"GO LUNA" I heard Mattia distinctly.

I smiled at him. It was now our serve. I was the server again. The other team rolled the ball over to me. There was lots of suspense mixed with tension throughout the entire gym. This point could be the winning point and it's basically all on me. I picked up the ball and started to walk towards the serving line.

"YOU GOT THIS LUNA!" Celeste yelled.
"COME ON, YOU'RE OUR LITTLE VOLLEYBALL STAR I KNOW YOU GOT THIS" Angel yelled.
"GO LUNA!" Kairi and Ale yelled.
"YOU GOT IT" Alvaro yelled.
"COME ON BABY!" I heard Mattia yell.
They all made me smile. My parents and Mattia's all cheered me on, Dylan cheered as well.

I stepped up to the serving line and smacked the ball down a few times to prepare to serve. The ref blew the whistle and I did a jump serve. Not to be cocky, but that was probably my best jump serve all season... The ball went flying over the net and onto the other side. The ball came flying at the other team, they weren't quick enough to receive my ball. My ball touched the ground giving us an ace and the winning point. The crowd went wild. My volleyball team all ran up to me and tackled me with cheers and hugs. My coach hugged me and all of my teammates as well. We all shook the other teams hands and said "Good game". We all huddled around my coach and she said,
"Great game ladies. What an impressive way to end your undefeated season! I'm so proud of each and everyone of you. You all contributed to this team in amazing ways and I'm so grateful for a team like you ladies. Thank you all for making this team a family" My coach said.
"Awww" We all said in unison.

We all hugged our coach and thanked her. She handed out medals to each one of us for winning this game and being undefeated. We all took a picture together with our medals and our coach. I hugged all of the girls and thanked them for a great season.

"Bye everyone. I love you all. Thank you for being like a family to me, this team has given me so many amazing opportunities and it's all because of every one of you" I said.
"We love you, Luna!" They all said.

I waved then turned around and saw my mom and Mattia's family in the bleachers. I hugged all of them and they all congratulated me.
"That serve though!" Mattia's dad said.

I laughed and said,
"Thank you"

We all headed over to the soccer field. The boys were already warming up. I sat on the bleachers next to Celeste and Angel.
"Good job!" They both said, congratulating me.
"Thank you" I said hugging them.

My parents and Mattia's family sat behind us. Their game started. All of the boys were starters, of course. Celeste, Angel and I all cheered them on. Kairi scored a goal.
"YES KAI!" I yelled.

Alvaro stole the ball from the other team the passed it to Mattia.

"OKAY ALVARO I SEE YOU" I yelled.

Mattia worked his way up to the goal and kicked the ball into the goal, scoring a point.

"THAT'S MY BABY" I yelled.

Mattia threw his head back and laughed. Ale bumped a ball off of his head then juggled it with his feet.

"YES ALE!" I yelled.

The second half of the game was almost over. The game was 1-4 (us). Mattia was running up to the goal, dribbling the ball. Someone from the other team was coming up to him and Mattia quickly kicked the ball and slid so the other person couldn't get to the ball. The goalie couldn't block Mattia's kick so, Mattia won the game. The crowed cheered for him. I ran up to him and he opened his arms. I jumped up and he grabbed my thighs. I wrapped my arms around my neck and kissed him. He kissed me back then put me down.

"I'm so proud of you, Tia" I smile.
"We both scored the winning points!" Mattia said.

I held his hands and leaned back and said,
"Power couple"

Mattia laughed and said,
"Good job, Lulu. I'm so proud of you too. I love watching you play"
"I love watching you play too my love" I said.
"Plus your ass looks good in spandex" Mattia said.
"Shut up" I laughed.

Mattia laughed and we all walked over to the boys. I hugged all of them and said,
"You all did hella good"
"So did you!" They all said.
"We winners or whatevaaa" I laughed.

We all laughed then Mattia walked over to his parents. They congratulated and hugged him.

"Thanks for coming, Luna" Kairi said.
"Of course, I wouldn't miss it" I said.
"We love our little cheerleader" Alejandro laughed.
"I love you all" I laughed too.

Mattia walked up to us and said,
"You ready to go, Luna?"
"Yes" I said.
"Good job boys" Mattia said.

They all dabbed eachother up then Mattia said,
"Bye"
"Bye guys!" I said.
"Bye Luna, bye Mattia" The boys all said.

Mattia and I walked over to our parents and I said,
"We will meet you at home"
"Okay see you there, good job you two" My mom said.
"Thanks, bye! Love you" I said.

Mattia and I both walked to his car. He got in the drivers seat and I got in the passenger seat.
"Can I play my music?" I asked.
"Yes of course" Mattia said.

I tapped on the screen of Mattia's new car and connected my phone to bluetooth. I played '10k hours' by Jhené Aiko. Mattia drove home and we both sang along.

"Wait, how do you know the lyrics?" I laughed.
"Uh, I don't..." Mattia said embarrassed.
"You're so cute" I said rubbing his arm.

Mattia blushed. He pulled into his driveway and I said,
"Thanks for the ride, baby"
"Anytime, Luna" Mattia said.

We both got out of the car.

"Good job today, I love you" I said.

Mattia wrapped his hands around my waist and kissed me.

"I love you too" He said.

I kissed him back then said,
"Goodnight, Mattia"
"Night, Luna" Mattia said.

I smiled then turned around and started to walk across the lawn to my house. I felt Mattia smack my ass I turned around and said,

"Mattia!"

Mattia laughed and said,
"What? I told you your ass looked good in spandex, I couldn't resist"

I laughed then walked up to my front door. Mattia waited to make sure I got inside safely. I waved to him then walked into my house.

(an: happy easter everyone! i hope you all had a really great day, i love you all!🐰🤍 how are you guys liking these cute chapters? are you liking them or are you getting bored since there isn't a lot of drama?)