the end. (part 85)

(luna's pov)
i walked into mattia's hospital room. his parents were talking to the doctor. his parents saw me and began to leave the room. mattia's mom touched my shoulder as she left the room. the doctor checked mattia's vitals then left the room. it was now just mattia and i. i touched his hand and sighed.

"i wanna be mad at you but i can't be" i said,
"i'm sorry, mattia. i don't know if i was why you wanted to take xans but if i was the reason i'm sorry. i'm so sorry. you piss me off some times, i know we were in the midst of a fight but i never even would have wanted this to happen. i would say i wish it was me but then you would be just as stressed as i am right now. mattia you can't leave me. you've given me so much love. i don't think anyone else can love me like you can" i said as tears began to fall down my face, "mattia you complete me. you complete me. i love you mattia!"
i said hysterically crying, "we were supposed to get married and have kids. we were supposed to have a life together and grow old together, you can't leave me. mattia you can't die!" i yelled and laid my head onto him as i squeezed his hand.

i cried onto mattia for around a minute and then i heard,

"will you marry me?"

i immediately looked up. mattia was weakly smiling at me.

"oh my god... oh my god! someone get a nurse!! mattia's awake!" i said yelling.

doctors, nurses and his parents came rushing into the room. his parents crowded around him and were hugging him out of pure joy. the nurses were checking his vitals and doctors were running tests to see if he is healthy and stable. i went outside into the waiting room and told everyone that Mattia was awake. Everyone followed me back to his hospital room and we all went to see him. everyone was so happy mattia was awake. he was pretty tired and weak still, i could tell.

"there was a lot of fentanyl in his system from the laced pills. it's a relief he is awake" i heard a doctor tell mattia's parents.
"you can bring him home after these two IV's. he needs to be hydrated again. also he will need a psych evaluation since this is considered an overdose" a doctor said.
"okay, thank you so much" the polibio's said.

a psychiatrist from the hospital came into his room. the doctor asked us all to clear out of the room, we did. i hugged mattia's mom. she hugged me back.

"i'm so relieved. i'm sorry i wasn't there to stop him, i was still at the beach house" i said.
"honey, it's not your fault. don't blame yourself for mattia's actions. i know how much you care about him, believe me" she said.

mr. polibio nodded and agreed.

"after his evaluation i'm gonna take him back home to totowa, want to come with? i'm sure he would love to have you in the car for that drive" mrs. polibio said.
"of course" i said.

we waited for mattia to finish the evaluation. his doctor soon came out to talk to mattia's parents about the evaluation and the expenses of his stay at the hospital. i walked into his room. he looked drowsy.

"hey, tia" i said and stood next to him.
"hey, mamas" he mumbled.

i played with his hair as he held my hand.

"how do you feel?" i asked him.
"i'm tired" he yawned.
"and mentally?" i asked.
"i'm okay. i wasn't trying to overdose and kill myself. i got caught up in the party scene" he said.
"are you positive? we did have a fight right before that-" i said.
"luna. if anything you are the reason i'm still here. there is nothing you could do to make me want to do that to myself. you're the other half of me, the love of my life. i could never leave you" he said squeezing my hand in reassurance.
"i love you" i said and smiled down at him.
"so you never answered my question" he said.
"what?" i asked.
"will you marry me?" he said slowly sitting up.
"w-what..." i said.
"i know this isn't a cheesy proposal at the beach but, i almost lost you. you are right, we are supposed to get married and grow old together, i can't waste any more time, you are mine, you are who i love and as you said, no one else can love you like i do. and no one else can love me like you do" mattia said.
"mattia-" i said.
"i know we are young but i know i love you. and i'm sorry for this weak proposal but we can wait to get married, i'll get you a ring and make it special, but tonight made me realize how short life is-" mattia said.
"of course i'll marry you" i said and kissed him.

his face went bright red, he was smiling and blushing from ear to ear. the hospital discharged mattia. all of our Friends went back to the beach house and mattia and i got into his parents car. the drive back was long and it was so late. mattia was clearly exhausted. i got in the back with mattia. he laid in my lap and immediately fell asleep. i played with his hair and soon drifted off to sleep as well. before i knew it we were back at mattia's, we both slept the whole way. i woke up and mattia's mom said,

"you can just sleep over, sweetie. it's so late i don't want you to wake up your mother at this hour" mattia's mom said as they pulled into their drive way.
"thank you so much" i said.
"mattia, were home" i said.

mattia sat up, he was still half alseep. i held his hand and walked him inside. we walked down to the basement and he immediately plopped down onto his bed. i grabbed clothes from his closet and handed him
sweatpants and a sweatshirt to change into.

"here, you don't wanna sleep in those clothes" i said.
"don't you need clothes to sleep in too?"
mattia said.
"mattia, you come first" i said and kissed his lips.

t h e e n d

(an: i hope you liked this ending. i truly loved writing this story. it brought me so much happiness and making great bonds and friendships with all of my readers was amazing. because of you all i grew so much as a writer and a person, i'm beyond grateful for all the reads, votes and kind comments. i love you all ENDLESSLY, keep being amazing and beautiful. thank you 🤍)