Chapter 19- Going Public

Talia's POV:

It was about 2 weeks after the fight. Everyone had sort of calmed down now and things were going back to normal. Valentine's Day was a few days ago and Simon and I spent a very romantic and intimate day together. We hadn't talked about our relationship since the fight but I wanted to talk to him about it. I was ready to face the hate that I knew I would get from Simon's fans, as long as I had him it would be okay. He had just picked me up and we were driving back to the Sidemen house in his Tesla. I wanted to ease into the conversation, so I decided to just bring it up and not make it too obvious.

Talia- I've been getting a lot of comments about us being together now since the fight, like a lot more than usual. (He looked at me and smiled with a nervous look).

Simon- Anything to bad?

Talia- Nah nothing that affects me, I'm at the point now where really none of it bothers me, I know it's not true.

We sat in silence for a few seconds as Simon puts his hand on my thigh and starts rubbing it before he speaks up.

Simon- I've been thinking lately that maybe we should be make our relationship public to the internet.

I looked up at him and smiled, it relieved me knowing he felt the same.

Talia- Really?

Simon- Yeah, we've been together for 6 months now and it's not like we're really a secret anymore. We're seen together in public quite a bit, so it's not like it will be too much of a surprise to anyone. I just want to make sure your ready, because I know my fanbase will most likely give you hate.

I could tell he was genuinely concerned, I leaned towards him and gave him a quick peck on the lips before smiling at him.

Talia- I'm ready Si.

We both smiled immensely, we had been waiting for this a long time.

Simon- How should we do it than?

Talia- Let me look for a photo to post on Instagram, and maybe you can do a video where you can subtly put it in there.

Simon- Sounds good to me.

I quickly go through my camera role and I come across the picture Freya took of us at the fight, and than I have to come up with a cheeky but subtle caption. I didn't want to just go like "Guess What" or "Were Dating!" I decided to just put a few emojis. I turn my phone around to show Simon.

 I turn my phone around to show Simon

Talia- What do you think?

Simon- (Mocking me) "Love that for us". (I start laughing as I slap his arm and hit the post button. Simon's phone vibrates notifying him that he had been tagged).

Talia- Secret's out.

*A few hours later

Simon's POV:

So it had been a few hours of me and Talia being public, and so far it hadn't been to bad. Most of the hate she had been receiving had just made her laugh, especially the ones telling her she had stolen there husband, so that's all good. She had to delete Tumblr though cause she was receiving literal death threats. I had asked Jordz to come over so I can do my part of announcing. I was going to answer 100 quick fire questions and one of them would be "Are you dating Talia?" We had figured that would be a way to reach more people.

*30 minutes later, Simon and Talia sat at his set up editing the video after recording.

Talia- I feel bad for the people who sneeze or cough and miss that 3 second clip.

Simon- I mean the entire comment section will probably be about it so nobody should miss anything. (We both laughed as she climbed onto my lap and snuggled into me).

Talia- It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulder you know, I'm glad we don't have to hide anymore.

Simon- Me too, just feels good that we can go in public and just be us now. Speaking of which, what's the first thing you want to do as a public couple? (She giggled and looked into my eyes).

Talia- Nandos?

Simon- Sounds amazing.

I pick her up and carry her downstairs and out the door and into the passenger seat, as we head out for our first meal in public together where we don't have to hide anything. I feel so happy right now. I have the best and most beautiful girlfriend in the world, and I no longer have anything to hide from anyone. I could just be me, and be with Talia. Life was perfect.