Chapter 66- Today is the Day

Simon's POV:

Well, the day has finally come, it's mine and Talia's wedding day. Today has been a long time coming and I can't wait. Obviously, with it being unlucky to see the bride the morning of the wedding, I had stayed at my parents last night and Talia stayed in a hotel with Gee, Freya, Sarah and Angele, all her bridesmaids. Angele was the maid of honour. We decided on only having 4 because we couldn't pick everyone. I ended up picking JJ as the best man, and Nick, Josh, and Tobi as the groomsman. Once we got up and got ready we head out to where our wedding was being held, even though neither me or Talia considered ourselves to be not incredibly religious, so we decided on holding everything in this huge field near where I grew up, especially with the virus and everything, this way we could have everyone. I walked down the Aisle and stood at the alter and just looked down the aisle waiting for my bride to come down. All of a sudden the music started playing and everyone stood up and looked down the aisle, as Freya, Gee, Sarah and Angele walked out first and joined me at the front before Talia appeared walking down the aisle with her dad. I saw her and a huge smile went to my face, she looked beautiful as always. Our eyes were locked the entire way down the aisle before her and her dad hugged when they reached me, and I shook his hand. Talia stood across from me, as we locked hands, and we stared into each others eyes.

Talia's POV:

Wedding Officiant- Welcome everyone, today we are here to join Simon Minter, and Natalia Haddock in holy matrimony. Before we continue, does anyone have any objections to the union of these two.

Nobody says a thing.

Wedding Officiant- Okay than, let's continue. I know you two have prepared your own vows, you may start with them now.

I looked at Simon as he took a deep breath and started speaking.

Simon- Talia, since the day I met you, I dreamt of the day I'd be standing across from you on the alter, and we'd be getting married, and now that the day is here, I couldn't be happier. Your my rock, your comfort and everything you do for me can get me through anything, and I know we can get through anything together. I love you.

I was wiping my eyes trying not to ruin my makeup but tears were coming out fast, but I know I had to start.

Talia-(Through my tears) Simon, I when we had first started dating, I remember you told me something and wanted me to remember it forever, that you loved me for than life itself, and there isn't anything you wouldn't do for me. I have never forgot that, and I never will. Your everything to me, and will love you unconditionally, for our entire lives.

Simon has started tearing up as we locked hands even tighter and smiled. The ring bearer handed the officiant the rings and he placed mine in Simon's hand.

Wedding Officiant- Simon Edward Minter, do you take Natalia Margaret Haddock to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, through sickness and in health, until death do you part.

Simon- I definitely do.

Simon slid the ring onto my ring finger on my left hand. He than placed Simon's ring in my hand.

Wedding Officiant- And do you, Natalia Margaret Haddock, take Simon Edward Minter, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, through sickness and in health, until death do you part.

I looked into Simon's eyes, and I didn't have any doubt in my mind about what my answer was.

Talia- I do.

I slid the ring onto his finger and we locked hands back together.

Wedding Officiant- And with that, by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you, husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride.

I jumped into Simon's arms as we kissed and now the tears were really flowing. Everybody cheered as we continued kissing for a few minutes. Before we broke apart, and turned to face the aisle, and walked back down it hand in hand. Today, was the best day of my life.