(Season 1) Chapter 9

~With Pidge, Shiro & Kiara~

Shiro, Pidge and Kiara made it to Where the escape pods were at. "Hurry." Pidge told the escapees. They ran past the Paladins.

"Hey!" A soldier shouts. This gained the Paladins' attention. Kiara once more shifted into battle stance and hand ready to grab her dagger once again.

As they approached the teenagers. Shiro ran up to them. His hand/arm glowed purple. It pulsed. He gripped it in pain.

"Shiro!" Pidge Yelled.

"Shiro, what's wrong?" Kiara asked with concern.

Kiara wasn't sure he heard them.
She shifted her stance forwards ready to move on command. Carefully reaching her left hand behind her and left foot forwards.

Just then Shiro snapped out of it and ran at the soldiers. The two teenagers watched as the older Paladin took down the soldiers with his glowing purple hand.

Kiara straightens up and both, her and Pidge exchange shock expressions. Even the escapees were in awe on what just transpired.

"Thank you, Shiro." They watched as the pod closed and took off.

"Wait how do you..."  "Shiro, that was amazing! Where did you learn to fight like that " Pidge butted in.

"No idea." The Black Paladin said with confusion and in awe.

"Well, it doesn't matter. We should get back. Keith should have the Red Lion." Kiara said, gaining their attention.

~With Hunk~

    Hunk was still trying to break the barrier. "Come on, just break you stupid thing!" Hunk said.  Using the Lion's tail laser to break the barrier.

   "Score on for Hunk!" The barrier broke. The Yellow Lion slammed into the ion weapon.

   As the Yellow Lion landed on the ship. The other three lions flew into view. Red, Green and Blue. "You guys made it."

"Let's get the heck out of here."

"I hope I stopped that cannon. I could barely make a dent in it." He said flying after the four other lions.

~With All Five Paladins~

Shiro stood with all four lions around him. Kiara stood next Allura and Coran. The look the two Alteans faces told her there was a lot riding on this.

The four Paladins sat in their lions watching as they opened steadily. It revealed a huge black lion. It had wings and Yellow V on the chest. It let out a roar. The rest rose to their paws and roared back.

Allura and Coran cheered as the purple lion's symbol lit up. 'Knew you could do.'

The loud beeping rang out as Sendak's ship entered the planet's atmosphere.

"Oh, quiznak!"

   Kiara stared wide-eyed as she saw the ship. She felt helpless. She couldn't help them. This was something they had to face themselves.

-line break-

    "Sendak is entering Aursian's atmosphere. We need Voltron now!"  Allura said. The Lions shot up and out of the castle.

Kiara walked up to Coran as she watched all five lions fly past them. She hoped the castle's  barrier would hold.

Just then they fired their ION cannon at the castle. Everyone felt the impact as it shook both castle and ground around them.

"Man, those Galra guys repair things fast." Hunk said.

"The barrier gets weaker with every blast. Once that goes down the castle will be defenseless."Said Coran.