(Season 2) Chapter 6

~With Kiara, Keith, Ebony & Shiro~

Kiara knelt down in front of Shiro. After getting back to Red and Lunar they flew to higher ground. Where it was safer.

Everyone agreed to set up camp and wait. Keith had helped Shiro to a boulder to rest on while they waited.

Right now Kiara was examining Shiro wound. When her hand accidentally touches the wound. Shiro winced but Kiara's hand then glowed briefly. Causing her to  quickly withdrew her hand. Kiara stares at her hand in shock. 'What the..'

"Kia, are you okay?" Keith asked as she stares at her hand in astonishment. He and Ebony hurried over with a bundle of dead who knows what and who knows where they found them.

Kiara nods. "Yeah, I think I know what to do now." Reaching out once more, her hand glowed almost white/blue in color as it touched Shiro's wound again. He winced at her touch before he relaxed a bit.

Keith and Shiro watched in astonishment as Shiro's side glow and the wound began to heal a bit before fading. Kiara leaned forwards taking a slow deep breath. As she held her left hand out as it dimmed down.

'So it's not a fluke. But why? Why now?'

A hand touched her shoulder. Looking up to see Keith looking down at her as she crouched. His wide with shock, awe and a bit of worry.

Keith hosted her and leaned her against the rock next to Shiro. Before sitting on her other side.

As Ebony shot a blast of fire lighting up the stack of wood and settled down between Kiara and Shiro. Keith looks over to see Kiara leaning back with her eyes closed. She appeared to be asleep.

"That girl,.. is something else." Shiro chuckled with his hand resting over his wound. It was healing a bit faster than before, but it still hurt.

"Yeah.. She is." Keith agreed with a light smile. Knowing Kiara for awhile now, he knew she was one of most hard-head yet caring people you could meet.

"What did she do just now? How did you know she could do it?" Keith asked him.

Shiro sighed. "Back when we're fighting Haggar. Kiara managed to create a barrier... a force field. Protecting us. Her hand was glowing.. *grunt*..just like it just did. I'm not sure if she was very aware at the time though." Shiro explains.

"I think she did the same things. Her eyes glowed each time we got in a jam. If it's magic, why didn't she have it in the beginning?"

"If I knew I would've told you." Kiara answered with a chuckle, seeing the surprise face of Keith. It was worth it.

"Your awake?"

"I never was asleep, you just make a better pillow." Kiara teases caused Keith a blush in embarrassment. Kiara sat up straighter grabbing a stick and poked the flames.

"I should be thanking you three for saving me, '' Shiro said. Kiara shrugged. "You've done the same thing for us," she pointed out.

"But, still thanks."

"You're welcome space dad."

Shiro groaned. "I thought I said stop calling me that," he half joked. Kiara laughed. "Yeah, when you stop acting like one." Shiro smirked

"How's your wound?" Keith asked Shiro looking over at the Black Paladin. Kiara noticed it didn't look as bad as earlier yet must still be hurting him.she felt bad there was nothing more she could do.

"My wound's great. It's getting bigger all the time," he said, Kiara narrows her eyes as Keith frowns. "Just trying to lighten the mood."

"Hang in there. When Allura and Coran find us, they'll fix you right up." Keith told him, Kiara felt Ebony nudge her hand she stroked him earning a purr.

Kiara leaned her head back on Keith's shoulder, this time still awake. "You should rest." Kiara shook her head. "I'll rest once everyone is safe and together." Kiara states.

"Keith, Kiara, if I don't make it out of here... I want you two to lead Voltron." Kiara looks over to Lunar as her yellow eyes flash. 'Lead? Us? I'm not sure your head is straight.' Kiara thought.

"Stop talking like that."

"Keith is right. You're gonna be just fine."

Ebony leapt up squawking causing Kiara to stand up as a bright light of a wormhole appears. Ebony flew and curled around Kiara happily.

The Green Lion flew through it. Lunar, Black and Red's eyes glowed. Keith stood next to her. "Looks like the cavalry has arrived guys."