(Season 1) Chapter 14

Another day on Arus. Equals more time to train and form Voltron. That's what the five Paladins have been working on since morning.

  "Great job training today, guys. We're really getting the hang of Voltron." Shiro said as his team walked back into the castle. "Seriously, how far do you think my lion kicked that broken alien ship? Must have been a mile!" Lance asked while being soft of bragging about it.

  "Yeah, that'll come in handy when the Galra challenges Voltron to a soccer match." Keith said to Lance.

"Hey, I did something cool and you can't handle it. I get it." 

"Your kick ruined our balance. We fell." Keith pointed out.

"That falling part was Hunk's fault." Lance blamed the mess up on the Yellow Paladin.

"Hey!"

  "All right, save your energy for fighting Zarkon." Shiro scolded the two Paladins
As he sat down.

   Kiara sat with a book and notes scattered around her. "Sounds like training is going well." She didn't look up as she scanned one of the pages of an open book while jotting down notes.

   "Sure did. I was awesome out there." Kiara half rolled her eyes. "Yeah I heard you bragging to everyone a mile away." She didn't hide her sarcasm. Lance waking up after Keith. "What jealous?" He asked, leaning over to her with a smirk.

   "Of you?... never.." She smirked as his pouts at her. "Lance leave her be." Shiro said. "Fine." He said, 'Glad training is going well.' She quickly tuned out the Paladins and went back to work.

   The doors opened as Coran walked in. "Hello, guys! How was the Voltron workout?" He asked walking in with something in his hands.

   "We're getting there. Are you and Allura almost done fixing the castle so we can leave this planet? I feel like we are sitting ducks here on Arus." Shiro said Coran. Coran set the thing he was carrying down. "Just about."

"If you two need any help I'll love to help." Kiara spoke up shutting the book.

    "Thank you, Kiara, but we got under control right now. But in the meantime to get your mind off those duck seats you are worried about, I made you guys an automatic ancient Paladin lunch." Coran said as he lifted up the lid.

  Kiara shut her book. "I'll pass." She stared at the odd looking and foul smelling food. She didn't miss seeing everyone else's faces of 'what the heck that's disgusting' look.

  "Coran you just got me  hooked on that goo and now you're switching things up?" Hunk directed his attention to Coran. "This is packed with nutrients. " Hunk leaned in and sniffed it. "Oh, it smells disgusting." The Yellow Paladin whined.

   Kiara quickly pulled all her notes together. be walking over to the others at the other end of the table.

   "I know! That's how you know it's healthy." Coran explains. Hunk pulled out a handful of planets. "Coran we're now on a planet with fresh herbs, spices and whatever this thing is. A tubor? Now if you excuse me I'm going to head to the back to the kitchen and spice things up." Hunk turned and left the room.

  "Hunk has a point. We're somewhere we have fresh things to use. So why not use them." 'Even if it's . I don't think I could stomach that.' 

   "Where's Pidge?" Shiro asked Coran as he poked a fork into the oddly smelling food. "He's probably checking on those prisoners we rescued from Zarkon. They'll be waking soon in the infirmary." He said while eating.

  As Shiro stood up. Kiara had to stifle a laugh. "Open the hatch. Food lion coming in!" Coran said then making airplane noise. "No. Just... no." Shiro said to him then walked out. "You don't know what you are missing. Kiara?" She stepped back. "Oh, no. No, no. I have to take these back, so.... uh... later." She quickly hurried after Shiro.