(Season 1) Chapter 29

*Why are you riding with mullet?* Whined Lance. "I don't know, maybe because he's a better pilot than you and he doesn't pester me like you." Kiara replied with a hit of sarcasm as she leaned on Red's wall arms crossed. *Come on Kia, I'm not that bad? Am I?*

"Yes." Keith And Kiara said in unison. The Blue Paladin scowled as the two shut him up. Sure he might not be much, but she felt like she was doing something other than standing by in the Castle watching and waiting. At least here she could act quickly if something went wrong.

"Are you all ready? Then let's go." Shiro said leading the way.

"Yes, sir."

"Roger."

"Ten-four."

"On it."

"Let's do this!"

Kiara now knew why she was here. To keep an eye on these two. 'Great now I'm a paladin babysitter.' She thought as they took off heading to each of their locations.

-line break-

As each lion laned in a cavern. Their seats become hover cars. "Are you sure?" Kiara nodded. "I'll walk." She said as Red lowered it's head to let her walk out. "If you're not gonna ride with Keith you ride with me princess." Lance said. "Don't call me princess Mcclain, besides I'm fine with walking." Kiara stepped out of the lion and watched as the two paladins drove up on each side. "Let's go." she said and hurried off with the speeding ahead. Kiara rolled her eyes.

    Slowly she let her eye travel over the cavern they were in. Kiara could feel the wave of emotions or a very weak link of the Balmera. "Don't worry, we're here to help. I promise." she said putting her hand on the wall and kept going. A solemn look crossed her face as Kiara let her mind wander. 'We all can't be that bad? Can we?' She thought. Ahead she spotted the Red and Blue Paladins waiting for her.

Crouching behind them. "Whoa." She whispered staring at the huge hanger and ship. The hanger was packed with lots of smaller ships. "Any clue what we should do?" Kiara asked them. "The entire hanger's only being guarded by a few sentries." Keith said activating his bayard. He was about to rush in.

"let's go."

   "Whoa, Whoa, whoa. Cool your jets, Keith." Lance said as he yanked the Red Paladin back. "I'm with Lance on this one hot-shot." Kiara added putting her hand on the ground. "Don't you remember that stuff about this Balmera?"  Lance asked him. "It's a sensitive animal and we should help it not harm it." Kiara said removing her hand and fixing her gaze on the Red paladin next to her.

"Oh, right."

"Yeah, so we can't just blow things up like a psycho." Lance said. She glared at him. "Oh, and what? You have a better plan." Kiara hissed at him. Sure Keith would rush in and attack then ask questions but , yet she would do the same, but feeling what this Balmera felt kept her other half more at bay then she liked.

"I do. We sneak into the control room to shut down the bay door." Lance explained his plan to them."That will trap the ships in." he finished.

"That.. actually is a better idea." Keith admitted. "Wow, who knew loverboy here has a brain." Kiara teased him. "Why thank you-- Hey!" She looked at him and smug looked. "Come guys let's get going." Kiara added taking the lead.