(Season 1) Chapter 24

Kiara went ahead of the others heading to the bridge. Unlike them she didn't need to change into paladin armor. Yet as they entered with Allura and Coran she felt a bit out of place from everyone. Now she told them. Somehow made her feel more out of place. She was the only half alien or maybe only one with mixed blood like her.

The door opened as they entered. Allura directed each paladin to where they were to be sitting. "Something up?" Shiro asked as the others made their way to their spots. "No, just feels strange. Don't worry, I'm sure it won't take long for me to find something I can do." Kiara waved Shiro away. Glazing she notices Keith looking over at them. Turning she walked towards the other side of the ship.

Allura walked to the crystal and stood under it. A screen appeared then next each chair color code. As they sat more screen similar to Allura's appeared in front of each paladin. If you asked her if the Castle was a ship. Kiara would say it wasn't possible but now. She watched as Allura began getting the Castle ready for takeoff.

"Activate interlock."

"Dynotherms connected."

The sound of the castle firing up rang out the castle glowed blue as it did. "Mega-thrusters are go." Allura said. "We are ready to depart from Planet Arus on your mark, Princess." Coran said. In a flash just like the lions. They could see outside the ship. Kiara eyes' widen as she stared at the world.  "Firing main engines for launch." The castle began to shake the rocks around it broke away as it began to move. Kiara stood up and looked out the window watching.

-line break-

All the paladins got out of their seats Hunk was pacing. Kiara followed him and leaned her back to the rail. "So, when we get there what do you think? Do we just roll up and start blasting? Or do we land and have some kind of public address system like,.. ATTENTION, GALRA. This Voltron. Turn yourselves in?" he said acting like an announcer. "No. Blasting, right?"

"Calm down. And, yes, blasting." Keith said using his hands to explain it. "It's our first big rescue mission. He's excited." Shiro said. "Excited to see his girlfriend." Pidge teased him. Kiara smirked lightly watching his reaction.

"She's not my girlfriend guys! She's just a rock that I met and I admire very much." he says. Kiara walked up. "Ok, so not girlfriend, still you have a crush right?" she said,. "What no." he said. Then a beeping sound came through the system.

"What are we being attacked?" Shiro asked.

"No it seems to be a distress beacon." Coran said.

"It's coming from a nearby moon. Apparently, a small ship has lost power." Allura said.

"I wonder who it is?"

"Whoever it is will have to wait. Shay has first priority. We can check back on them when we're done." Hunk said.

"Hunk, I thought Voltron was here to help everyone."Kiara said walking over. "If you guys like, I can go. You just need Voltron right. I can see what I can do." she offered up. "The Paladin Code states that we must help all those in need." Allura explained.

"Wow! This is so cool. It's like we're space cops on space patrol. Coran, do we have a siren we can turn on?" Lance asked excitedly.

"Uh, no, but we could record you making a siren noise and broadcast that to them." Coran said.

"Perfect!" as he inhaled a hand clamped over his mouth. "Don't you think about EVER doing that." Kiara said her eyes narrowed. Everyone looked relieved. Lane moved her hand away. "Come Why not?" He asked. "Because last time you did, Iverson had your skin then mine." She snapped. "Oh, right."

"Let's go guys." Shiro orders.

-line break-

As they began to land. Kiara followed after the Paladins as approached the crew. Kiara looked them over.Stopping as the other approached. Uneasy feeling washed over as she looked at them. They weren't Galran but still something about them was odd. So she slowly fell into step with Hunk. Maybe this is a simple task. Kiara hoped as she looked at them.

   The purple skin man turned to face them. "You don't know how glad we are to see some friendly faces. Most folks don't want to get tangled up with anyone who's on the run from the Galra."

"So you guys are fighting the Galra?" Keith asked them

   Kiara was shocked how talkative he was being. Looking over to the woman her eyes narrowed at her. She didn't like the vibe she felt from her. "Well, I don't think Zarkon is exactly quaking in his boots at the three of us, but we do what we can. I'm Rolo. This Nyma, and our cyber unit, Beezer." he introduced the next two.

"Hi."

    Just like that Lance was in a trance. Kiara rolled her eyes at him and  groaned. Earning a glance from the closest paladin. Then notice and sighed. "Here we go." she said. Then looking at Pidge she had the same look only for the cyber-unit. 'Okay, those two won't do much help.. maybe Pidge.' "Cool robot." Rolo looked back a bit disappointed or something like that. Lance was introducing himself to Nyma.

    "Was your ship damaged in a fight?" Shiro asked Rolo. "Yeah, we've been through it with  the Galra, parts are hard to come by." Kiara looked to where she saw boxes? "Luckily we were able to limp to this moon about a week ago. If you didn't pick up our distress signal, I-"

   "We're happy to help. I'm princess Allura of Altea, and from now on, you won't be alone fighting Galra. You will have the Paladins of Voltron by your side." she said showing off Hunk, Shiro and Keith. Ariana couldn't help but look at the ship. 'Shouldn't it be more damned?' she thought. "Okay." he said.

"I don't think you heard of us."Shiro said

"It's been ten thousand years." Keith added.
"Voltron? Five robot lions that combine into this big robot .. guy?" Lance explained to them using his hands to make a triangle. Ok he's trying to hard though. "Sounds impressive. I'd love to see it. Or him. Them." Rolo said. "Why don't we get to work on your ship? I'm sure we all have a place to be." Hunk said. Kiara looked over at the Yellow Paladin.

"Sure."

"You ok Hunk, you're on edge." Kiara asked letting the others walk ahead. "I don't trust them." She watched the group. "Yeah, I think it's strange no other ships came before us." she said. "Look once we get this fix we can save your girlfriend." "She's not my girlfriend." Kiara shrugged. "Whatever comes on..

-line break-

Rolo went to their ship to open it up so they could see. "Pretty much our flaxum assembly is shot. I don't know what kind of extra parts you carry in this rig of yours. I've never seen anything like it." Rolo said.

"I'm sure we can get you back up and running. Give Hunk a list of what you need. Coran can show you where to find it." Allura offered him. Kiara noticed Shiro had hit Lance in the back for flirting.

"Okay."

"We'll go with you. Don't want you to have to carry all that yourself. Come on guys." He says it takes a few steps forward but to be stopped by Hunk. "Uh, I don't think so. You can just wait out here." Hunk said briskly not letting him pass.

"Hunk don't be rude." Allura scolded him. "Yeah, mind your manners. There are ladies present." Lances says as he flirts with Nyma. "Oh, I'm sorry, but does anyone remember the last time we let our defenses down? Someone kind of set off a bomb. Remember Lance? You were almost killed." Hunk pointed out to the group.

"Oh, yeah."

"Hunk's right. Sorry but we have to be cautions." Shiro apoligzed to them. "Hey, I don't take it personal. That's how it is out here." the robot printed out a list. "You have to look out for your own. You're doing a good job big man." he hands the list to Hunk.

"Yeah, thanks." Hunk took the sheet. "Hold on. I'll help." Kiara offered. "Are you sure?" Allura asked her. "Yeah, I think Rolo is right.. More hands the better." She said half way looking at the purple man. Then she followed after Hunk s back to the Castle.