(Season 1) Chapter 37

Kiara ran ahead and stopped looking behind she watched as Keith kept blocking the sword. "Anything?" He asked her. "Nope, clear." She said, "sure you got this?" Kiara asked him. "Yeah." Keith gave grunt as he blocked another then next one pushed him back she sighed and rushed over. "Team up." Kiara said blocking the next one and pushed it back as it swung at her she ducked and moved as Keith's swung meeting it's attack.

They kept it back. Both working on defense while they both attacked them. As they are near one section. Kiara swore she could hear muffled shouting. She yelps as the sword swung over her head spun and blocked the next. "A little help would be nice, Keith." She pushed back only to have it shift and kiced her back ducking her head she let her body roll.

-line break-

Pushing her body up. "Keith behind you!" Kiara shouted as he was pressed against the wall. Holding off the Gladitoror.

"Keith! Kiara!" The sound of something counting down made her eyes widen.

"Keith, Lance!" Kiara shouted causing him to look behind. "What are you doing in there?" Keith yelled as the Gladiator bo swung causing him to move.

-line break-

Kiara was up and gripping the sword she had an idea. "GET Lance OUT." She shouted shifting her stance putting her right foot in front, just enough to visualize her target. Just then the door opens. "Keith!" Kiara shouted. Noticing what was happening he pushes back and opens the door Kiara lunged forwards as Keith grabbed Lance she drove her sword in and with a kick sent the robot into space.

Keith closed the door as the only thing that got sucked out was the robot. "Are you ok Lance?" Kiara asked him to face the two boys who were sitting and panting from two near death experiences. "I am now." He said. "What where you doing in THERE?" Keith shouted at him.

"Who was that guy?" Lance asked.

"He was trying to kill us!" Keith shouted back

Kiara stood dumbstruck they could argue like this maybe the adrenaline was causing this.

"Well is he the Castle? Because that's what's trying to kill me!" Lance snapped back.

Kiara and the boys exchanged terrified looks. They all gasped and then screamed and ran off.

-line break-

It didn't take them long to find Coran and explain everything well. Lance and Keith did. Kiara pace thinking on what was going on and how or what was causing this. "Wait." Kiara stopped and looked around. "Where is Hunk and Pidge?" She asked the guys' attention. "Oh, no. Do you think the Castle has them?" Lance asked.

"I don't want to wait to find out." Kiara added and they four took off to locate the other two paladins.

-line break-

As they entered the room, Both fell from the sky? As they walked in. "Are you two alright?" Kiara asked holding back laughter but she was glad to see they were ok. As for Lance he was mad and started shouting at them.

"How can you be taking a nap while this castle is trying to kill us?" He asked them. "Taking a nap? We've been floating around in zero G! You know how scary that is?" Hunk asked, rubbing his head. Pidge was standing up.

"That's not scary! That's fun! I was almost ejected into space!" Lance challenged back

"Well I got attacked by killer food and that's the most horrifying thing you can imagine! The stuff of nightmares! It'll haunt me to my grave!" Hunk said.

"Well a robot was trying to kill me and Ari!" Keith butted in.

"ENOUGH you three We can play who had the scariest time in the Haunt Castle another time." Kiara said glancing at all three boys and back. Lance tuned to Coran. "I don't care what you say, Coran. This castle has gone apples and bananas!" Lance shouted.

"Perhaps the infection from Sendak's crystal is worse than we thought." Coran groaned. Kiara looked at it.

"Well let's get rid of it." Offered Hunk

"It's too late. When Sedak plugged it into the ship, it corrupted the entire system." Coran explained.

"Sendak?"

"Guys where is Shiro right now?" Kiara butted in, looking around to see the Black Paladin was missing from their group. "He was still with Sedak last time I saw him." Coran said. A shutter ran down her spine turning she left the room in a sprint.

-line break-

The group made their way to the pods. Exiting Hunk and Pidge ran up to him first. "Shiro are you ok?" Pidge asked him. He looked distressed as everyone else followed. "Where's Sendak?" Keith asked him.

"I.. I had to get him out of here. I was hearing his voice. He... He can't be trusted on this ship." Kiara walked over. "Shiro, calm down. He's trying to get in your head." Kiara said carefully approaching him hands out like she was dealing with a frightened animal. Kiara rested her hand on him. "Whatever happens he has nothing to do with it." She said her tone was even and calm.

Shiro looked over at her then the others. Kiara could see worry in Keith's eyes more than anything. Lance spoke up. "It wasn't him. It's the ship! I got stuck in a cryo-pod, then, in an airlock. Keith and Kia got attacked by a robot, and Hunk and Pidge got attacked by food." Lance told him. "See he isn't behind this." Kiara stepped back.

Shiro looked a bit more calm, a lot more than Lance. Who just kept talking. "It's been a weird morning." the beeping rang out though the castle. They all turned to see the screen pop showing the ship was moving.

"What? How is that possible?" Coran asked a shocked expression on his face.

"What is it?" Keith asked him to look at Coran. "The ship is starting a wormhole jump!"

"Let's go see what's going on." Kiara offered up. They all hurried to the elevator. "Hold a second Kia."She stopped to look at Shiro. "Yes?" She asked others to head up first. "Look Sedak said.. "Sendak whether he did or not. If you let whatever that was get to you then it wins. Now let go of something tells me we aren't heading to something good."