Story Mode 23: Nervous

He's afraid to admit it, but Ray is undoubtedly nervous. He hangs behind his twin's form with his eyes glued to his feet and his fingers wringing themselves out just below his waist. He wanted to bring her a flower or some kind of present, but the thought of having to endure his brother's teasing made his heart clench. So, he came empty handed.

The door to the tiny apartment finally opens, and Ray sucks in a sharp breath before glancing up to take in the woman before him. She's already dressed in faded jeans, a camisole, and a light knitted cardigan perfect for the somewhat chilly weather, but she yawns lightly and rubs her eyes, still obviously tired. His heart pounds fiercely in his chest. What would it have been like to wake up next to her sleeping face? Or to help her pick out her out outfits in the morning? Or to be the reason why she wakes up restless...? He bites the inside of his cheek and uses the sharp pain to pull himself back together.

"C'mon in," Y/n says with a small smile to the twins. She holds the door open and Ray quickly grabs it so that she doesn't have to continue to do so while his idiot brother enters the apartment. "Thanks Ray, it's nice to finally meet you both!"

"Sorry for having to come so urgently," Seven smiles as he slips inside the small one bedroom apartment. Y/n leads the pair to the couch and quickly sits them down in the modestly decorated room. There are only a few pieces of essential furniture and a couple pictures propped up here and there. "The sooner everything is set up, the sooner you can really start working on the party."

"It's no problem at all," Y/n responds as she floats over to the kitchen part of the room. The apartment is small but functioning. The living room and kitchen is molded into one and there are three doors, one leading to a closet, another to a bathroom, and the last to the bedroom. "If anything, I feel bad that I have to leave you alone here." She pulls out three cups from her shelves. "Would you all like something to eat? Drink?"

"No thanks," Seven replies as he pulls out his laptop and begins working. "Do you mind bringing me your phone and laptop? I'll need them to back up your systems and prevent tampering."

"Oh okay," she responds as she puts of one of the cups away. "I'll get you them in a minute. Will you need to hold onto them while you work on them...?"

"Yes," Seven responds without looking up, the light of his laptop reflecting in his glasses. Ray holds back a glare. He's lying. At least for her phone, he only needs to get her IP address which he can easily find with her phone number. This time, though, Ray chooses to hold his tongue. He will have to ask Seven about this once they're alone again.

"Oh okay, that's fine," Y/n gives in, despite not being happy about the idea. "What about you, Ray?" Her eyes fall solely on him and his cheeks quickly rise in temperature at the recognition. "Would you like something to eat or drink?"

"Ah... thank you, but I'll be fine," he smiles lightly, his previous anger dissipating immediately.

Y/n pouts and puts all the cups away, but returns to the living room with a happy glow nonetheless. She quickly places her laptop and phone in front of Seven who is already buried in his work. "Well, it's about time that I go to work now..."

Seven doesn't look up from his screen, "Good luck!" It's a halfhearted reply.

"Ray," Y/n turns to him. "There's no saving God7 over here though. I was wondering if you'd like to tag along? It might be more fun than being cooped up here in my tiny apartment all day." Her laughter washes over his skin in warm ripples. "That is, if you don't mind spending the day with me."

Seven speaks up first, "Thats a great idea Y/n. It'll be easier for me, Hero of Justice 707, to focus with both of you gone."

"So what do you say?" Y/n smiles.

There was only one answer to begin with. A shy smile crosses Ray's lips and his mint eyes meet Y/n's. "I'd love to."