Story Mode 31: To The Bookstore

"Did you get enough to eat?" Ray asks curiously as he walks at her side to the bookstore up the street from the restaurant. People fill the sidewalks and chatter surrounds them but Ray to remains calm. All he can see and hear is Y/n.

"Yup," Y/n smiles. "You didn't have to pay though! I wanted to pay for us." They practically had a fight about it in front of the waitress. Overall it was cute to watch him work so hard to do something for her. It's quite a new feeling.

"Maybe next time," Ray smiles as he pulls open the door to the bookstore for her. Y/n can't help but smile as she steps in the store first, purposely walking a little too close to him as she does so.

Just as Y/n had hoped, there are very few people in the store and they are able to find a nice spot in the back on the couch. Y/n sits down first and Ray follows soon after, only to sit on the other side with about two arms lengths in between then.

Pouting slightly, Y/n opens the book that she pulled off of the shelf. After about five minutes, she can't stand staring the black words on the paper and instead scoots towards Ray. She closes the space between them so she sits at and angle with their legs nearly touching, but their hips a little apart. She leans over his shoulder and peaks at the pages of the book in his hand. "What's this about?"

"Oh." He holds the book over his lap so that Y/n can see better. While keeping his page with his thumb, he closes the book sand shows her the front cover. "It's about these string of murders that the detective has to solve," he begins to explain. Y/n nods her head along as he gives her the gist of the book, paying more attention to how soft and alluring his voice his than anything else. "And that's about where I am in the story now."

"I think this is the most I've listened to you talk at once. I could listen to your voice for hours." Y/n smiles and leans her head on his shoulder. Ray stiffens slightly in surprise but doesn't make an effort to pull away from her. "Can we read your story together? The one you picked out sounds a lot better than mine."

"S-sure."

At the sound of his stutter, Y/n lightly removes her body from his. She's definitely getting carried away. "Sorry," Y/n mumbles as she fixes herself and sits properly next to him instead of all over him. "Tell me if I make you uncomfortable again."

"Uhm," Ray's cheeks light up lightly with color. "That's not it..." He hasn't had anyone try to touch him so much before, unless you count his mother who would use her hands to beat him. Even Saeyoung only reaches for him when absolutely necessary now. He's not used to such a gentle touch. The reality that it seems to come with no strings only makes it scarier. "I'm not uncomfortable... I just don't know how to react... it makes me really happy."

When he doesn't elaborate, Y/n doesn't push him to. "Well in that case, I'll be a little selfish and keep clinging on to you, okay?" She wraps her arms around and hold it place flush against her chest.

"Is it... okay for me to do something like that too?" It's Y/n's turn to get embarrassed. Ray watches her reaction with his hesitant light green eyes and tensely awaits her response. She bites back a squeal as her own imagination riles her up and covers her face in her hands for a hot second. When fully recovered which luckily doesn't take long, she peaks over to Ray.

"Yes."

Although it's a short response, Y/n's joy is successfully transferred to Ray who smiles brightly like the rising sun, though only for a moment. He relaxes in Y/n's hold and seems to lean into her soft touch. "Since you said you like my voice... let me read this to you."

Content, Y/n smiles and buries her face in his shoulder. Ray's voice begins to rumble in her ears and his pleasant scent of various herbs and woodsy fragrances tickles her nose. She could die happy right now.