Story Mode 97: Morning Visitors

When Y/n's eyes crack open, she is tucked tightly in heavy light pink blankets. Her body is stiff and her pain is dull and the white ceiling above her is unfamiliar. It's sunrise. Orange light floods the dark room causing Y/n to squint. The hand she uses to help block the light has red stained bandages wrapped tightly around her wrist. "What...?"

"I heard you were causing a problem for the believers." Y/n jumps away from the source of the voice, drawing a low chuckle out of the man. He continues. "They put you in handcuffs, but apparently that didn't stop you from fighting with MC again." Dr. Yun leans over the side of Y/n's bed. She doesn't flinch this time and he doesn't reach out to touch her. "I'm not surprised if you don't remember. I had you drugged up pretty well."

"How long have I been here?" Y/n sits up easier than she thought she would. Her most major wound, the one from her surgery, is doing much better. Her fingers find the area and presses the bandages down lightly. The stitches have been taken out. Her mind flashes back to the hospital, the ghost of lips pressed against hers. Saeran must be worried sick.

Dr. Yun ignores her question and collects his vials and needles from her bedside table. "If you want to survive until your Prince gets here, I suggest that you start obeying this place's rules." He chuckles and snaps his bag shut as he throws the last item in. "Not that I care either way."

"No." Y/n clenches the pink covers. "I have to get out of here before he comes... Is there any way that you can help me?"

Dr. Yun raises an eyebrow at his patient and then amusement plays on his features. A large laugh escapes his throat— the same one that rung in Y/n's ears while she was being kidnapped. "You're asking for help from your kidnapper and a killer, as well as the man who has drugged you several times now."

Y/n licks her chapped lips. She has to try. "You don't seem like the same as MC and the others cult members. You're not being controlled like them," she explains, her voice gaining more and more confidence as she speaks. "If I can get a little bit more freedom, I can escape this place for sure!"

"Fine," the man smiles. "You're interesting so I'll give you a tip." He shuffles through his bag and pulls out a canister of pills and throws them at Y/n who fumbles, but manages to catch it. "Have something to offer and never show your whole hand."

"What's this?" Y/n eyes the medication. The bottle is full of small white pills. She shakes it around. There's a single large blue tablet amongst the others.

"Pain medication." He chuckles and turns on his heel to leave. "You will know when to take the blue one."

"Thank you." The small words follow the doctor out of Y/n's room. His time at the 'paradise' is done for now. He wonders if she will still be here when he returns.

Once the door closes behind him, Y/n stuffs the canister of pills in between the two mattresses stacked on the bed frame. Hopefully they won't be conducting searches of her room, but even if they do, there is at least a decent chance of them overlooking it.

Y/n nearly jumps as she stretches. The door to her room swings open. To her surprise, the woman she makes eye contact with isn't MC, but rather the founder of the RFA. The blonde has an equally surprised expression on her face. "Rika."

Recomposed, Rika's eyes fall into their normal daze like hooded green. She shuts the door lightly and floats into the room towards Y/n who boldly stands her ground. "Y/n, you're up already." She smiles, her voice as faint as the grin on her lips. "How delightful."

Have something to offer. Never show your hand. Y/n sucks down her pride and allows her self to flinch at the pull of aches and pain. The weaker she is thought to be, the less she'll be guarded, right? She sucks in a sharp breath, "May I ask why you brought me here?"

"You will be one of my own soon." Rika gestures to the bed, "Let me take care of you." Y/n fakes a hesitation and Rika ushers her down onto the bed with a gentle pressure to her shoulder. Unlike how MC did it, Rika touches her as minimally as possible in the process and removes herself completely once Y/n is resting on her side. The Savior perches herself on the edge of Y/n's bed. "You're more cooperative today."

Y/n bites her lip and pushes her face into her pillow, muffling her words. "I don't want to get hurt anymore."

What comes out of Rika's mouth next is a surprise. "I'm sorry about that." Y/n lifts her head up for a moment and catches the woman's gaze. The small quiver of her lips, the lowered tilt of her head— she almost looks genuine. A chill goes down her spine. "MC is one of my more troubled believers... I'll be keeping her just so she won't be able to bother you again for a while. I want to make this place your paradise as well, Y/n."

Y/n bites her lip. "What's the catch?"

Rika rises to her full height. Her fingertips caress Y/n's hot forehead lightly. She stiffens. "I have three welcoming gifts for you." She claps twice, their sound loud and crisp. Promptly, a tubby looking middle aged man with thick eyebrows slips in the room. He crosses the room quickly with a pile of items stacked on his arms and sinks into a kneel at Rika's feet. "Put it on the bed."

The man does as he is directed and bows deeply. When she doesn't request and anything more of him, he quickly dismisses himself from the room with the words, "For eternal paradise."

"Here." Rika hands Y/n Nunsseob, the stuffed animal that Saeran had won for her on their second date. She can't help but snatch it and pull it into her chest immediately. They must have washed it, as it's now scented with fabric detergent. "Your robes and badge are here," Rika continues as she sets out the three sets of identical robes on the bed. They are the exact same as those that the believer who just entered the room was wearing. "This badge will let you access everywhere here in Neo-Magenta and the robes are punishment for your bad behavior. Your obedience will be rewarded with more independence and other luxuries."

Y/n must have shot the cult leader a strange look because she sighs out an airy giggle, her hand when coming up to over her lips. "You are going to be my most important believer until Saeran comes back. I want you to get to know the paradise that you will one day take over." Another giggle. "You can't escape even if you tried."

"'Take over?'"

Rika nods and hands Y/n a phone. "I've seen your work. In the RFA and at C&R. You're incredible, Y/n. You're the only one suitable to take over this organization after me." Y/n's eyes widen. What? The screen in front of her is far too familiar. "Your job starts with gathering valuable believers for me." The jazz music playing softly in the background, the profile pictures across the top, the emails...  "I want you to be my successor." It's the RFA messenger.

"You're going to be the next Savior."