Story Mode 104: Moving in Secret

───────────〔✿〕───────────

Y/n doesn't know what she expected the crazy cult leader's bedroom to look like, but this wasn't it. It's too normal. Not wanting to waste too much time, Y/n quickly takes to the large desk tucked away in one of the corners of the room. Papers are spread out over its surface regarding food shipments and food distribution. Even with just a quick glance, Y/n can tell that Rika is trying to lower the number of trucks coming as much as possible resulting in feeding her believers the absolute bare minimum. "Crazy bitch."

A few binders are stacked up across the shelf of the woman's desk and to Y/n's relief, they are labeled and organized. The binder she picks up is labeled 'Benefactor' and organized in alphabetical order. It doesn't take her long to find the name 'Saeyoung Choi'. Without hesitation, she unclips his file and stuffs it between the waist band of her pants and the front of her bra before pulling her robe down again. Just as she begins to put the stuff away, a folded up sheet of paper catches her eye. When she unfolds it, it becomes the size of a large poster. A large smile paints Y/n's lips. "Jackpot." Without another word, she folds it back up and stuffs it beneath her robes.

She pulls the door to the room open a crack and slips out once she notices the coast is clear. The two guards bow to her as she turns to go back to her bedroom. "Oh and by the way," she looks over her shoulder. They are still in their deep bow, the younger one shaking slightly. She almost feels bad for them. Almost. "I lied. The Savior doesn't know about this. If you want to tell her, go ahead. Just know that it will be your cleansing ceremony and not mine."

The pair stiffen, but don't dare to raise their heads. "For... eternal paradise."

───────────〔✿〕───────────

Waves crash all around the ship yard, silencing the rushed steps of the men that Jumin provided as they settle into their positions. Just as dark and energetic as the roaring sea, the sky swirls in a dark grey— the onslaught of a heavy storm, blocking out the light of the setting sun. It's time.

Saeran lays on top of a stack of cargo, the seeker of his rifle head close to his eye. Below him, his father and a member of the Mint Eye approach each other, both with their pistols out, and both unaware of the those surrounding them. Their conversation buzzes directly into Saeran's earpiece.

"Leave the case right there and don't move a step closer." It's Saeran's father. Perhaps it runs in Choi blood, but the middle aged man holds the pistol up at the cloaked believer without the smallest hint of hesitance.

"Okay, okay." The believer does as they are told and puts decent distance between them and the case. This allows the politician to open it and begin to count his money. "Our Savior sends her sincere thanks as well as an invitation to become a VIP at the Mint Eye."

"Not interested."

"Our most recent addition to our VIP list is one that you are sure to want to hear about," the believer continues as if their offer was never rejected. "It's your younger son's lover. It seems she is to our Savior's liking."

The Prime Minister doesn't look away from the money for a moment. "I don't have any children, Gretel."

"She's also one of the few people in the circles of the Jumin Han of C&R. Although it's already begun to die down, I'm sure you have seen the articles. The one who nosed her way into the Han family's private and business lives, Y/n L/n, that's her."

"Oh?" This makes the man look up from the case. He peels a bill from the top of the band in his hand. "Sounds useful. Perfect for getting my opponent in a scandal. Come here, I'll buy her off of you."

The believer laughs lightly. "I'm afraid our Y/n is not for sale at the moment. And certainly a mere 50,000 won (~$44 USD) is far too much of a discount." The believer lowers their gun, feeling comfortable around the politician whose gun remains on the ground beside the case. "If you become a VIP member, we may be able to arrange some time for you to use her. Although she isn't obedient yet, she's quite the looker. She would make quite the partner in bed, though I doubt she'd be the type to let you have your way."

Saeran's knuckles turn white and his jaw clenches tightly. The squad leader signals at him, but he shuts it down. They can't move just yet. "Wait."

The Prime Minister turns up to the darkening sky and a large laugh bellows from his chest like thunder. "Fucking my son's lover and that damn businessman's assistant. Now your VIP deal is starting to sound good."

"Then shall I—"

"My women, my money, and my position." A smile. "Whatever it is, if I want it," his pistol is in his hand in seconds, it trained tightly on the cult believer in front of him. "I take it by force."

"Now!" The moment Saeran gives the signal, he pulls the trigger on his rifle, launching a bullet down towards his father. It hits its target and a scream rips through the shipyard.

Cash flies up through the swirling air spreading far and wide. The bullet, flying just millimeters away from his father, struck the case full of money. As the shot sounds, the guards rush in from multiple sides and surround the believer. They had prepared a full squad in case they had people backing them up, but luckily both parties of the underhanded deal came alone.

The believer's hood is pulled off and their bald head is still driven into the concrete as they are subdued by the guards. Meanwhile, the Prime Minister, Saejoong Choi busies himself with chasing around his fluttering pieces of cash. Saeran watches the back of the man's head with the seeker. He's a moving target, but Saeran doesn't lose him for a second. His finger curls around the trigger.

But the gun never fires.

He doesn't squeeze the trigger.

Saeran could easily kill him. Easily. And had he not known the repercussions of such an action, he would've done it without a second thought. Rather, even more than the repercussions, someone that has spoken about Y/n in such a way doesn't deserve such an easy death. He could rush down there now, take a bat to his arms and legs, tie him up in the basement and suffocate him in freezing water again and again, making him truly know and feel how it is to die. He could—

No.

No.

Not now. And maybe not ever.

Saeran will make sure the Prime Minister gets what's coming for him, but he cannot lose sight of his real focus. Saejoong Choi is just a stepping stool to get to Rika and Rika a stool he must use to reach Y/n and bring her back to safety. If he were to focus on his hate and be blinded by his rage, he might just miss the opportunity to save Y/n, his angel, the love of his life. That's a mistake he could never be forgiven for.

So for her, he must focus.

───────────〔✿〕───────────